• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATSB Says No To Spirit/National

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We asked for the cash because we as well as every airlines , lost some money after 9/11 and we want it back.
We will keep growing without it , but it would be unfair that the majors would recover their loss and not the nationals .
It is a fact that the big ones wanted to restructure before 9/11, and they have the perfect excuse now.
It would show once again the power of the lobbyist in Wa, and their ability to bend over.
Unfortunately we leave in a time where politic is involve in every aspect of our life and we as private citizens have no hold on it which is contrary of the constitution.
Anyway enough moaning and back to the drawing board .

frenchy said:
We asked for the cash because we as well as every airlines , lost some money after 9/11 and we want it back.

This is one of the most common misconceptions about the ATSB loan guarantees. It is not cash...it is not gov't money...it is not a gov't loan. It is a gov't backed loan guarantee. The airlines still seek capital from normal, private sources, and the gov't agrees to back the loans for whatever amount the airlines apply for. Among the things they look for when evaluating the applictions are the company's business plan and the likelihood that they will be able to repay. In the case of National and Vanguard, it was their unlikely ability to repay that was the main reason for the denial of their applications.

IMO, Spirit's business plan is viable enough that they can probably survive without these guarantees.

I think it's just a case of who has their lips on someone's A$$ more. Let the big ones go down in flames and the smaller airlines rise up and takeover. The smaller airlines seem to have their heads on straight anyway. Let's see like SWA and Jetblue.

Frankly, if Spirit pilots feel they should earn more, then they should go for it. Employees will always fight for every penny they earn. Frankly I'm tired of hearing how regional pilots are low class, and poor, and screwing up the industry. So, enigma, why not I say that we unfortunate RJ pilots make about as much as a well paid Spirit crew. That's something that I wouldn't brag about either.

As for the guy with the gun, I believe that your intelligence and the caliber of that gun, are about equal.

HUH? Part Deaux

checkessential said:
Frankly, if Spirit pilots feel they should earn more, then they should go for it. Employees will always fight for every penny they earn. Frankly I'm tired of hearing how regional pilots are low class, and poor, and screwing up the industry. So, enigma, why not I say that we unfortunate RJ pilots make about as much as a well paid Spirit crew. That's something that I wouldn't brag about either.

As for the guy with the gun, I believe that your intelligence and the caliber of that gun, are about equal.

I just have to ask. Is American English your native tongue? If so, did you have trouble in reading comprehension class?

Just what part of "WELL PAID RJ crew" did you take as an insult? Get the chip off of your shoulder and grow up.

BTW, I'm still waiting for a cogent defense of your first post in the string.

another HUH? what in the world are you talking about when you talk about the guy with the gun.

another BTW. You're welcome to the last word between us. Most everything you say just makes me look good. (that ego has nothing to do with flying a beat-up old Douglas, it's just me)

Latest resources

Back