Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gas Man

I fly RJ's!
Anyone have any info. on the flying / living conditions for pilots flying ATR's in Viet Nam? I have heard all of the horror stories about India and with Europe cutting back like the states, I'm looking at "alternatives".

i sent them an email and within 12 hrs they responded asking me to fill out thier app and attach other docs. with all that turned in and haven't heard back in over a week. other than that i don't know. they say they have a commuting contract but only on thier network which does not get you to the states. also heard that they are only accepting the 6 on 2 off contract right now. if you want pm me and i will send you what they sent me.

The worm is right. Travel is only in their system. Doesn't get you to the states. They pay the expat ATR standard, around 8K a month after local taxes and out of that you pay for your housing and living costs. I hear that COL is cheap and also very expensive. I think you have to be there awhile to find the deals and not look like you're fresh off the boat. But remember you get what you pay for, even over seas. Also, the interview is 2-3 days and sim only. Dont ask me why. They tell you that if you are selected that you must start class immediately, don't know how people swing that one either. Me and a couple of Indian expats were going to jump ship and go there but the Indian airlines at least get you home. If you are a hard core SOB who can just about handle anything and have nothing holding you back in the states, then doing the expat thing is a good way to save some coin. But, like I said, it's not free or easy.
Also, before you sign on the dotted line, remember that the growth that brought on the big expat movement is stalled and even shrinking. Here in India there is a big meeting for our company coming up. Rumor is that its not good news. The natives want the expats gone in the worse way and since the companies are cutting only their pay and not the expats, due to our contracts, its like curry in the wound.
Try Aeroprofessional, the European outfit, not the French Canadian one. They can answer specific questions, not that Thunderworm cant, but look at his avatar. You really want to trust your future to a man who digs a half nude Hoff? Wheres my Wendys?

Last edited:
definetly get the answers from the crew leasing company. dosen't hurt nor implie anything to ask and see where it gets ya. BTW who doesn't like a half naked hof? the man is basically a god. a demigod if you will.

I totally agree with the Hoff thing. I mean who hasent been half gorked lying on the floor eating a Wendy's triple decker. And he looked good doing it too. MMMM, hamburger. I would kill for one.

the first time you have a burger you are going to be in pain, but the pain would have never tasted better.

They ask you to start class within 8 weeks of the successful screening.

The worm is right. Travel is only in their system. Doesn't get you to the states. They pay the expat ATR standard, around 8K a month after local taxes and out of that you pay for your housing and living costs. I hear that COL is cheap and also very expensive. I think you have to be there awhile to find the deals and not look like you're fresh off the boat. But remember you get what you pay for, even over seas. Also, the interview is 2-3 days and sim only. Dont ask me why. They tell you that if you are selected that you must start class immediately, don't know how people swing that one either. Me and a couple of Indian expats were going to jump ship and go there but the Indian airlines at least get you home. If you are a hard core SOB who can just about handle anything and have nothing holding you back in the states, then doing the expat thing is a good way to save some coin. But, like I said, it's not free or easy.
Also, before you sign on the dotted line, remember that the growth that brought on the big expat movement is stalled and even shrinking. Here in India there is a big meeting for our company coming up. Rumor is that its not good news. The natives want the expats gone in the worse way and since the companies are cutting only their pay and not the expats, due to our contracts, its like curry in the wound.
Try Aeroprofessional, the European outfit, not the French Canadian one. They can answer specific questions, not that Thunderworm cant, but look at his avatar. You really want to trust your future to a man who digs a half nude Hoff? Wheres my Wendys?

Flying the ATR in Vietnam is one of the sweetest deals in Asia, and yes the cost of living is very reasonable. I believe they have just made another purchase of six more ATR's, several previous ATR pilots are now in upgrade training to the A320.

For details I would recommend contacting Rishworth Aviation or Parc Aviation for the latest contract details.

Anyone needing information about conditions here are welcome to contact me.

Latest resources

Back