• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP's Airline Transition Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those that have gone through it or are going through it, what to do you think about it? I see its $24,000, is it worth every penny? Pros and Cons?

Connectionpilot said:
For those that have gone through it or are going through it, what to do you think about it? I see its $24,000, is it worth every penny? Pros and Cons?

that's a lot of pennies!

They just had a group brought in that interviewed with Pinnacle first and after the job offer they paid the 24k to complete the course and be guarenteed the job...kinda hinky to me....what % is going to the airline?

Connectionpilot said:
Here's a link:
http://www.atpflightschool.com/airline_training_programs/airline_transition_program/index.html

and if you go to the bottom where the Hiring Alliances are and click on whichever airline you desire it will take you to the contract that ATP and the airline agreed upon.

$24,000 on top of all your ratings sounds like at least $60,000 for a $22,000 a year job. On top of a 4-year degree you might be lucky to pay your loans off by the time you retire. What a deal!

Connectionpilot said:
No I'll already have all my ratings, the only thing I would need is multi engine time.

You can buy a lot of Multi-Time for $24,000. Talk to your flight school and ask about a block package for that much, I'm sure their eyes will open wide.

Connectionpilot said:
I go to DCA, that will just make their eyes shut and laugh at me. I might could get 30 hours for that much
Sorry to hear you go to DCA. Try an FBO on the field that might help you more and obviously for a lot LESS pennies.

Hey, don't you get an interview after the cheap and easy DCA? Why would you be looking at ATP? do you know RHOID?

Latest resources

Back