ATP Written

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowlycfi

Anyone have opinions on ATP written test prep; specifically ASA versus the Gleim books? If you've had experience with either or both, please let me hear your opinions, good and bad. Thanks.

I used ASA for all writtens and found them good. I'd spend the $50 for the CD ATP as it can be more interactive although I did have the book as well.

I used the Gliem book but just couldn't look at it for more than 3 minutes at a time without slipping into a coma. Ended up getting some software that simulated the test...as far as I'm concerned it's the only way to study. The one I used was http://www.faatest.com for 29.95. A lot of companies, including Gliem, put out test software. Any are good. I used it for 4 days and got a 97%.

Hey lowlycfi, I did mine at All ATPS. You do a one day prep on the computer then do the written the next day. They give you some sheets to study for the Q's about 727 performance, W&B and flight planning.

You still at SWA? I've flown on them a few times in the last few weeks after taking the airplanes to maintence. Be safe, RT

Hey na265,

Yup, still with SWA. Can't afford to quit right now. Thanks for the info on ALLATP. Only problem I have is that between flying my line at SWA, instructing full time, and now flying traffic watch I never have a day off, so taking two days for test prep won't do it. I need something I can take on my SWA trips to study on layovers for the rare occasions that I slam-click. Thanks to you other folks for the respones too. I'm leaning toward the ASA book. Seems to be the most thorough.

ill second the gleim software...if you're taking a Laser Grade test or something like that, you can even set it up to simulate that kind of test...very good IMO...

But it's really all a matter of personal preference

-mini

Sounds like you are working like I was when I was trying to move up in the world. Keep at it, you'll get there.

Ya know I was very fortunate to find the job I got. If there is a 91 flt dept around where you are, start knocking on their door and don't stop till they hire you! It worked for me. Good luck....265

The Best Test Prep

I was just through this on another thread. The best prep out there is from Sheppard Air. It is all online. You do it in the comfort of your own home at your own pace. They show you how to do all the problems and if you have any questions you can call them 24hrs. a day, seven days a week. The price is one of the lowest in the business and the product is the best. I personally used it for the FE written. Good Luck. Their website is www.sheppardair.com

The prep AND test are all in one day at ATP. Arrive at 8:00AM and take the test by 6:00PM. You'll get your results that day...

lowlycfi said:
Anyone have opinions on ATP written test prep; .
My opinion, if you have time study the Gleim. If not, go to All ATP.
I bought the book, studied, but wound up going to ATP due to other reasons.
Good luck in whatever you choose.

Latest resources

Back