• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP written

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just finished my atp written and the flight with AllAtps.
I gotta say that it was a good experience. I've taken the written before, but it expired. So I ended up doing the written again to get my atp. I think the written prep will get you a decent score without any prior studying. I thought it was worth the money.
I don't know why I studied myself the first time around.

I think that would be pretty bold to just walk in and take it and expect to pass. Reason I am saying it is not because I think anyone here is stupid, but rather that the test is set up to be tricky and have similar answers that are close to be correct but have a word in them that makes that answer wrong.
If you haven't read the question or gone thorugh it a few times and are aware of what it is going to be, you most likely are going to get it incorrect.
If you are flying so much and have an interview I wouldn't bother with taking it. Unless they require you to have the written done then you better hunker down brother.

To answer someone elses post above on what kind of scores did we get. I will let you know right now that anything more than a 70% and you studied to hard for it.

How crazy would I be to not even crack the book and just walk in the day of and get it done

That's what I did, when I took my ATP written at ALL ATPs. No prior studying. However, I did have an extensive background and several years of experience in the industry, prior to even flying. Which I feel really helped. I had also taken the ATP written previously when I got my Dispatcher's license, which is a different version of an ATP written test, but from the same book.

My suggestion is to use your own judgement. Borrow an ATP book from a friend and thumb through some of the questions. If you seem relatively up to speed on most of the chapters, then I really wouldn't worry about putting in a lot of studying prior to doing ATPs written prep and test. However, if you've never looked at an ATP written book before, then, you definetly should.

I did my ATP written at ATPs about a year ago, and highly recommend it.

Good luck! :cool:

Did minimal studying before hand...

Made appt. w/ALL ATPS, walked in, studied all day, took 121 test, scored 90.

Would do it all over again if I had too.

PS - Did this 3 weeks before my interview...was a great way to start the prep process for the interview.

Good Luck!

:D

I did it!

Well, I thought I would report back. I took my written at AllATP's and scored a 94.

I didn't even crack the book which I thought was risky. There were 558 questions to review instead of the whole database of questions.

I didn't even try to work out the flight planning questions, but I did learn the weight and balance and performance charts for the various aircraft (727, BE 1900, DC-9).

I would highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't have the time to study for the test.

Interviewing? 121, or 135? with >1500 hours? You must be very well connected, but Good luck to you anyway. P.S. It's alot easier to memorize the W/B section. I doubt you'll be doing that on a 727 anyway, and it will cut down on test time.

Congrats on passing the test, I didn't see your post until after I wrote mine.. Well, good luck to ya.. we all need a little out on the line these days

Latest resources

Back