Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greedypilot

Obama-nation
If take the part 135 ATP written, will I be able to avoid questions (IFR flight planning and W&B) based upon the DC9, 727, and 737?

greedypilot said:
If take the part 135 ATP written, will I be able to avoid questions (IFR flight planning and W&B) based upon the DC9, 727, and 737?

If I remember correctly, if you take the Part 135 AP written, all performance and W&B questions are based on the Beech 1900.

HS125 said:
If I remember correctly, if you take the Part 135 AP written, all performance and W&B questions are based on the Beech 1900.

I believe that is no longer true, that you may have performance and weight and balance problems from any of the aircraft on either of the atp versions

A Squared said:
I believe that is no longer true, that you may have performance and weight and balance problems from any of the aircraft on either of the atp versions

Well it's been a while since I took the ATP written, so it may have changed. Probably the best thing to do would be to get a hold of a Gliem book and read the instructions. Wait, real men don't read the instructions or ask for directions.:rolleyes:

Just took the ATP written last week. I took the part 135 version, and all questions on performance and W&B were on the BE-1900. You either get BE-1900 with the 135, or DC9, 727 and 737 with the part 121 test.

HS125 said:

What I can tell you for sure is that there are no BE1900 questions in the 121 version, I just took it yesterday. Yes, I passed.

flyboyike said:
What I can tell you for sure is that there are no BE1900 questions in the 121 version, I just took it yesterday. Yes, I passed.
Same here. Took it about 4 months ago.

Untrue.

I took the 121 and got 135 IFR trip questions and W & B.

Get the Gleim book and study ALL the questions except for the regulations you won't be taking. IF you're doing the 135, study EVERYTHING except for the 121 regs.

Funny thing is, I studied all of the 121 trips and AC and just thought to be safe so I studied the 135 planes and GUESS WHAT, that was all I got. Anyway, I used the Gleim book and CD - ended up getting a 99%.

But trust me. You need to study BOTH aircaft and trips. Just skip over the regs.

Is there a reason to take the 121 rather than the 135... I mean...the test score report does not say ATP written 121 on it does it? Obviously if you are planning on just flying 135 you may want to stick to just 135 but are there other reasons to take one over the other?

Bernoulli said:
Is there a reason to take the 121 rather than the 135...

Yeah, if you're currently flying 121 and you've never flown 135 (or it's been a while) you'll be up on the 121 regs, and taking the 121 version will keep you from having to study a set of regs that aren't particularly relevant to your existence.

As for the aircraft types and such ..... you may get questions on any aircraft. sure a couple of posters didn't get anything but 1900 questions on thier tests,. buth that was thier test, not yours. Yours will be a completely different selection of questions. THis topic comes up frequently on this forum, and each time, thare are a couple of posters who report getting 121 aircaft questions on a 135 test, or vice versa, so saying it won't happen is not accurate.

Latest resources

Back