• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP written question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The written test report does have the test taken printed on it. At least mine does from CATS. It says ATP FAR 135. Once you take the flight portion, you will have an ATP without mention of which written was taken.

Hey Rakefight, are you absolutely sure that you took the part 121? They didn't screw up and give you the 135 instead? It seems really strange that you took the 121, and all you got was BE1900?? Also, I went back to my 2006 Gleim book and it specifically says that if you take the 135, you will not get questions on 121 regs. or aircraft. As I said in a previous post, I took the 135 last Monday. There were no 121 reg. or aircraft performance questions.

Catnhat said:
Hey Rakefight, are you absolutely sure that you took the part 121? They didn't screw up and give you the 135 instead? It seems really strange that you took the 121, and all you got was BE1900?? Also, I went back to my 2006 Gleim book and it specifically says that if you take the 135, you will not get questions on 121 regs. or aircraft. As I said in a previous post, I took the 135 last Monday. There were no 121 reg. or aircraft performance questions.

I was definitely administered the 121 version. Believe me, it bugged me out to get 135 stuff. My W&B was for the B1900 and the trips were for the 135 going into LGA. But I do think the Gleim book states that there may be 135 stuff on the 121 and vice versa.

My advice is to be careful. I did it at a Lasergrade site. If you go to ATP for it, I think they may have some kind of "special" weeding out process that makes the test a lot easier to study and pass.

I took the 135 version last week (the 135 regs were easier for me to memorize, and I'm hoping never to fly part 121 (or 135 for that matter)). I guessed on all the IFR planning questions and W&B questions and still passed with ease. Just know all the other stuff and you'll be fine.

I just took the part 121 ATP, and got questions on B727, DC9 AND the BE1900.
I think Gliem (or I read it elsewhere) even states that you _may_ get some of the questions from either side of the fence.

You might also choose to study and take the 121 questions as opposed to the 135 questions if you are thinking of going for an airline interview and aren't currently part 121. I've heard that some of the regionals give you questions from the 121 regs section of the ATP.

The ATP written is the written... If you take the 135 written, it is the 121 with 135 questions thrown in, just like the dispatcher written, which is the ATP with dispatch spefic questions thrown in. And yes, BTW i got both b1900 and 727 questions on the W&B portion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back