• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP Written Expiration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you can convince the examiner that Simuflite's training is your new employer's PIC training program, you're golden, but I don't think you can.

At Simuflite you'll be taking a checkride with a designee that does 135 PIC rides and there is no reason that I can think of that would disallow an approved 142 training program from being considered company training. As a matter of fact. the bulk of all jet operators farm out their sim training (if not sim and ground) to schools just like this. Some airlines even send students to sims off the property and it's all a part of an approved company training program.

In any event, call Simuflite and put their expertise to work for you. It's their job and they see this kind of stuff all the time.

Svcta, is correct. The type ride is from the Designee who is authorized to conduct ATP exams in that aircraft/simulator. The Designee is also a Approved Company Check Airman who conducts the 135 PIC exam (6 month check). What you are really getting is the 135 PIC exam and the type ride is based on the successful completion of the 135 PIC exam.

To answer the first question: Do ATP test results expire - yes, on their expration date. BUT, if you are in an uprade air carrier training program, expired test results are still good.

SVCTA:

Yes, that's what my impression was. That even though it's expired, I can still take it because I will be doing a 135 program.

Thanks all.

Called Simuflite... Written does not need to be taken again because I will be doing the type ride on my new employers 135 certificate.

Thanks for the info.

Latest resources

Back