ATP Rating programs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beavis

Does anybody know of any schools that have good, quick ATP rating programs and what they may cost?

I plan on getting mine at All ATPs sometime this summer. Their current cost for the rating is $895 for the two day course.
allatps.com

You might also want to check out Sheble's at shebleaviation.com
They have locations in Kingman, AZ and Las Vegas, NV. Their cost is around $1,500.

There are several other places, but Sheble's and All ATPs seem to be among the most popular.

Sheble's

I got my ATP at Sheble's thirteen years ago, when they were still in Blythe, California. You'll walk in the first day in the afternoon and leave at noon with your ticket. You'll have a sim as soon as you arrive and a flight early the next morning. Then, you'll have your "oral," a sim, and a flight. Very informal atmosphere. Of course, this was thirteen years ago, and some of it might have changed.

Do practice before you go and try to get some gouge. I remember practicing the Blythe approaches in the sim for something like ten hours.

all atps

I looked into them a little bit on the internet as I too am thinking about getting my atp. My impression was they send you all the stuff ahead of time about the a/c (a seminole I believe) and the information you need to know and they expect you to come prepared. I forget the exact schedule but it is on the internet under their website. The first day you review all the ground and do a flight. The next day is the oral and the checkride and filling out the paperwork in the morning.

I was thinking about doing it because I need motivation sometimes but when I saw that I was paying about $1,000.00 and all they were doing was supplying an airplane and a practice flight I think I can do it cheaper on my own. The $895 doesn't include an examiner fee either if I read it correctly.

I don't want to keep you from going there, it's just my rationale. Lot's of people go to ATPS and successfully come away with what they went there for. I just don't think it's worth the money.

Good luck

Speedtree, you're pretty much right on about ATPs ATP rating program. It is basically paying almost $1,000 for two flights, then the checkride. I'm going to do it there because I did their career pilot program and had a good experience with it. I met a lot of their ATP students while I was there and the majority of them passed the checkride with no problem. Plus, I have a lot of Seminole time and will be logging a lot more in the next few months so there won't be much to learn, just things to review.

I did consider doing it at an FBO, but knowing I can complete it at ATPs in 2 days fits my schedule better. Has anyone recently done their ATP ratings at ATPs recently?

ATP

LONE EAGLE in Phoenix is where I went and I would highly recommend them. I have friends who went to all ATP and there are quite a few horror stories. Good luck!

I too would like to know of any ALL ATP ride experiences, particularly at the Trenton, NJ location. I don't want to wait for my type ride to get it done.

Last edited:
The reason I choose LONE EAGLE is that they have a presonable instructor to take you through the written tests (ALL ATP lets you sit in front of a computer) and they guaranteed that you would get your flight check (I've had friends that have had to go back 3 & 4 times before they got their flight check with ALL ATP).

All ATPs - RIC

After being layed off last September, I finally had the time for committing to my ATP. I had been studying the Gleim book, but invested in the CD for taking my own practice tests. It wasn't easy with such a huge test bank, but I did pretty well.

My training in Richmond was very good. They give a discount if you pay cash, I think $50 off. My instructor was very sharp and the airplanes were in good shape. Like previously stated, all study materials were sent out in advance. The CFI taught me some pointers and we were off to practice a bit. It took a little bit to get used to a piston again!

Our schedule was pretty tight. One instructor, one airplane and three students. We had a MEI and Comm, ME along with myself. We would ride along during the other's flights and that seemed to help a lot. The checkride was in Rocky-Mount, NC and we trained on the way out there.

I'd recommend their program. The instructor in RIC, Brad Rhodes, does an excellent job and really knows his stuff.

-PJ

ATP RATING

Does anybody know of any schools that have good, quick ATP rating programs and what they may cost? [/QUOTE]

To save a lot of money and get your ATP quick, simply take your ATP checkride in a C-172!. That's right, ATP - Single Engine Land. (Only cost me $75 + $150 examiner fee)

An ATP certificate is an ATP certificate. In the aviation world, what can you realistically do with a multi-engine ATP that you couldn't accomplish with a ATP SEL? In essence, nothing. Even when you do updgrade to Captain on your particular aircraft, you will still have to take a Type checkride. Let the company pay for the type ride and the addition to your ATP certificate.

Pursuing this money saving option has worked for me as I have flown for four Part 121 carriers served on the Hiring board for one. The only important issue concerning an ATP was, if it was required at all, was to simply have it. Many pilots fly for years as an FO w/ only a Commercial certificate. And, when they do upgrade to Captain their Type and ATP checkride are one in the same. Now, if they had an ATP SEL, they just wouldn't have to take any written test and the Type would be added to the certificate. Or, if they had an ATP MEL, they just wouldn't have to take any written test and the Type would be added to the certificate. Duh? See what I mean?

I'm certainly glad that I never wasted my money for an ATP MEL.
But, if you want that MEL, instead of SEL, on your ATP spend your money - the flight schools can certainly use it.

Latest resources

Back