• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP License with less than 250 hrs PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know of a pilot who upgraded with less than 250 PIC - the temporary restriction was removed when he reached 250 PIC. In your case, it wouldn't take too long.

2nd job instructing? Ferry pilot? How about getting the EXPERIENCE anyway you can? No offense, well maybe, but you have 158 hours of PIC and now you wanna play Captain in the RJ?

A significant number of CAs at my regional upgraded with less than 250 hrs. Mostly from the Gulfstream program. Lay the bashing off please. I just wanted the info on how it's done. It can be, and has been done.

A significant number of CAs at my regional upgraded with less than 250 hrs. Mostly from the Gulfstream program. Lay the bashing off please. I just wanted the info on how it's done. It can be, and has been done.

Who's bashing? I just think that in light of some of the current issues in this industry it would be nice if you actually met the requirements for the certificate you'd like to hold...

Who's bashing? I just think that in light of some of the current issues in this industry it would be nice if you actually met the requirements for the certificate you'd like to hold...

I agree no offense to the op but this means you went to somewhere like ATP and got hired as soon as you finished the program. When you think about it if you did go that route I'm sure some of your PIC time was as a safety pilot. Aren't you a little worried to be in charge of many passengers lives without really having anytime under your belt? Like I said not trying to bash you just think about it when your flying next.

just think that in light of some of the current issues in this industry it would be nice if you actually met the requirements for the certificate you'd like to hold...
Taking off the wrong runway or stalling into the ground are basic fundamental errors that happened to both an experienced crew and an inexperienced crew. I do meet the requirements for the ATP. But with the ICAO restriction.

I had 400 hours of PIC when I took my CFI rides. Right after my PP, I did lots of trips with friends and girlfriends. It amazes me how many new pilots have never really flown for leisurely purposes before becoming a professional pilot.

I had 400 hours of PIC when I took my CFI rides. Right after my PP, I did lots of trips with friends and girlfriends. It amazes me how many new pilots have never really flown for leisurely purposes before becoming a professional pilot.

Sad really... They've missed out on an entirely different world of aviation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back