ATP, but no PPL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetdriver69:

I was Grey Hat, 86-02, in the Air Force contingent. Started in the TH-55. Went FWQ later. aptap.org is a good help for former RW guys.

Good luck!
cliff
NBO

atpcliff

I was 83-21 Maroon hat. Then went to AF after about 9 years Army. Still like flying helicopters better, but thats not where the money is.

Check with someone

Check with a DPE, I believe you can get a PVT SEL by making three TO and land with the DPE. You have already demonstrated proficiently in X-country, inst, stalls, and steep turns. I training guys like you to get their SEL PVT rating, and the checks with the DPE only took about 30 minutes. Of course this was 15 years ago and things do change. BTW Avbug lots of pilots have different type of ratings on the same certificate. Not unusual to see PVT SEL, Comm Hel, and ATP MEL. This guy was a PVT pilto who became a Army helo driver, and then got out and became an airline pilot. Is that what you ment?

Last edited:
Man I wish I had an ATP...then I could go from eating tuna in a can to cheeseburgers at Mcdonald's. Cheeseburgers...not double cheeseburgers.

Latest resources

Back