• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP and type rating combo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A 30 year paycheck has an powerful attraction...SWA seems to have been able to do that. But then, so did Delta; now I wouldn't bet on that.

mgg20 said:
I'm about to embark on my 10-year commitment as a USAF pilot. For those of you flying civ now or still in, do you have any suggestions? Any plane better than the other to prepare for airline flying? And also, how tempting is it to just stay in and do 20 years active duty? Are guard/reserve units near your dom easy to get into after you go ad? Thanks

If you're looking for experience that will count, the best answer is it depends on who's looking at it...some airlines love fighter dudes, others heavys. Best thing to do is be a professional and upgrade ahead of your peers, stay away from frigin "Staff Jobs" and fly your pants off. Hopefully you don't care about a family life. Go to where the flyin is...keep in mind the heavy world is the most consistient. Not to mention that the C-17 is the "darling" of AMC and expanding.

Last but not least---start keeping good records of your flying, I use an Excel spread sheet I bootlegged from a friend of mine. Easy to use and looks good for the interview you'll have in 2015-16. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back