• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATNMEC closes pilot web board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Am I wrong or do others feel this is all leading to CJ and AC trying to circle the wagons and deny the pilots a vote on whatever comes from the MC

People really need to stop making assumptions and believing whatever rumors they hear. AC didn't vote for this, and CJ only did so grudgingly after much convincing. Call your reps and ask them about it. It's not AC and CJ trying to shut down communications.

So a very effective way for them to get information to the pilot group and to dispel rumors has just been closed down. Now they want 1700+ pilots to have to call or email 10 or so representatives? Didn't they just send out an email saying be patient , don't call or email because we are going to be busy for the next week? Sounds like they just created more rumors and got rid of a way to get out factual information. Is this in the ALPA manual or are they just making stuff up as they go.

1. Tell us we have the best negotiating team available who will take all available information from SWA and the lawyers to bring us the best "negotiated" outcome available.

2. Turn on said NC because they don't like the direction said information has lead them.

3. Leak limited information to the pilot group hoping it will force us to arbitration.

4. Realize they have made a mistake because of all the wild accusations and rumors so they close down the one real place we can find out timely information.

5. I don't want to even know what the next step is.

History repeats itself. I remember that another MEC shut down its forum to protect its members from themselves , so work could progress towards another fair and equitable integration. That was the TWA mec. And look how that integration went. Its always a bad idea to squash to free flow of idea's and opinions. Just because a few in power think they know whats best for the members. Its not for them to decide what people should hear or not, that is a dictatorship in power not representative of the membership whom they serve. Forums are one of the best ways to get information wheather actual or not. They serve to keep the reps from doing something they shouldn't. Feed back is immediate. Factual or False intel can be identified rather easily if one takes the effort to check. Shutting down forums only serve to foster mistrust in the union.

History repeats itself. I remember that another MEC shut down its forum to protect its members from themselves , so work could progress towards another fair and equitable integration. That was the TWA mec. And look how that integration went. Its always a bad idea to squash to free flow of idea's and opinions. Just because a few in power think they know whats best for the members. Its not for them to decide what people should hear or not, that is a dictatorship in power not representative of the membership whom they serve. Forums are one of the best ways to get information wheather actual or not. They serve to keep the reps from doing something they shouldn't. Feed back is immediate. Factual or False intel can be identified rather easily if one takes the effort to check. Shutting down forums only serve to foster mistrust in the union.

Very well said...this is not an airtran specific problem. Pilots are terrible about it because they are such control freaks by nature. What good could this possibly do?

People really need to stop making assumptions and believing whatever rumors they hear. AC didn't vote for this, and CJ only did so grudgingly after much convincing. Call your reps and ask them about it. It's not AC and CJ trying to shut down communications.

But the bottom line is she still did vote for it so she is part of the problem.

While I hate to see them shut the forum down but I can see why they did. It was going down a dark road, splitting the fine line of civility. The Usual Angry Suspects are on there stirring the pot with there I hate everything and everyone ( SW should be stapled behind us) attitude. What is different is that the silent majority is now starting to make a rational voice for themselves. I have never seen more posts from guys and gals with less than 10 total post total. Rumors are being stated on there as fact and nothing has been put out yet. Needless to say things where getting out of control.
In regards to our MEC, it really is a joke. Trust is at a all time low. They are full of dysfunction, recalls, etc. One person only votes they way another votes and so on. The Pilots have stated many time that we all trust the MC. Well let us. The MC and SWAPA have a AIP and no one wants this MEC to have a say on “IF” we get to see it. ( But only 20% of the pilot group voted for these people. You get what you vote for) I don’t care if 100% voted. This vote is to close to home for this MEC to make for us as individuals. All we want is to see it. Don’t know the details and don’t know how this will turn out( optimistic though). Cant wait for it to be done. Now Lets take this thread down a completely irrational and embarrassing road in true FI fashion.

Sorry but I think they actually did the best and only thing they could do at the moment. Just like the 2010 contract, which passed by 87%, we have the angry 12 or so guys that are gripping and complaining when they don't have the facts. And guess what, it's the same exact folks making waves. When we have the final document to look at then they'll open the forum back up for debate. The forum only has about thirty regular posters anyway, not at all representing the pilot group as a whole. I for one will continue to sleep just fine at night knowing the process agreement is in place. Wait for the facts, then debate. SWA AND AT guys will be slapping each other on the back and buying each other rounds before long. Relax.

Latest resources

Back