• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATN Pilots buying Gifts for Herb and Gary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This kind gestures is being spearheaded by a warm spirited Captain from MCO, known for his kindness and warmth to his FOs and gate agents. He just SCREAMS kindness to others around him. He was an F-16 driver in the Air Force so I'm sure he will have a lot in common with his fellow Kernal buddies at Southwest. Why I see his name on so many trips in open time is beyond me................

this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjD67VZuYNU

Who cares? I'm glad my future Airtran bro's care enough to send a peace offering to Gary and Herb.

From what I can tell from this board I doubt they ever sent a gift to their management!

Gup

We have sent stuff to our current management team. But they have been smart enough to take it to the airport for x-rays before opening it.

I seem to remember a certain Harley Davidson in the training center that was a present to Herb from the pilots. A very nice gesture that I'm sure was appreciated. If the Airtran pilots want to buy Herb and Gary something nice, I'm sure it would be appreciated as well- and end up in a trophy case in the training center or G.O. I would suggest it be presented AFTER the SLI is complete. That way it wouldn't appear to be anything more than what it is- a gift. You will be paid back on the 5th and 20th of each month for the rest of your career.

I send a gift to our management on a daily basis. I always flush twice though, it's a long way to MCO.

This kind gestures is being spearheaded by a warm spirited Captain from MCO, known for his kindness and warmth to his FOs and gate agents. He just SCREAMS kindness to others around him. He was an F-16 driver in the Air Force so I'm sure he will have a lot in common with his fellow Kernal buddies at Southwest. Why I see his name on so many trips in open time is beyond me................

Now thats funny.

This has nothing to do with ALPA or 1690 AAI pilots. Its the same 10+, shoot from the hip guys, spear heading a ill conceived plan of gratitude that is poorly timed. Our union has nothing to do with it and doubt it will be pulled off. They represent themselves and only themselves. Especially if you disagree with anything they say. Cant wait to really feel good about coming to work again but its too early in the game to predict how this will turn out. Hoping for the best for both groups...

I just rode on an ATN jumpseat to work yesterday, and we had some interesting conversation. Probably the most interesting thing said was from the FO. He said the ATN pilots are collecting money to send a case of Wild Turkey to Herb, and a custom Fender guitar to Gary. Are you freakin' kidding me?

This is pathetic and trust me when I say SWA management will not be fooled by these weak gestures!!!

I hope you conveyed your disgust there on the jumpseat, and not just being an internet coward posting it here.

Please forward said case of Wild Turkey to me. I will make sure it gets to its intended recipient.

No way Ty Boy:laugh: flew the F-16 so you can count him out for this. He'd also be offering up other gifts besides wild turkey and guitars. These gifts would be another word for cranium.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back