• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATLAS still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
80 hour lines aren't common. Having said that, it's important to realize that in the ACMI business the only reason you have a schedule is so there is something from which to deviate. As soon as you leave home your original schedule WILL change. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Most of my months last year wound up being in the 70 to 80 hour range. They didn't start out that way but evolved as the month progressed. It can go the other way too. As we used to say in the USAF, "flexibility is the key to air power". If you like schedules set in concrete then steer clear of the non-sched world. If you like a little adventure in your life then come on in! It works for me..I'm loving life.

Under the current contract you will only get guarantee on the -200 and you will likely sit around a lot. The -400 guys tend to get higher block months. However, this will all change in a couple more months with the new contract and then it depends on how the lines will be built. Atlas isn't a gold mine and I doubt that will change but it's much better then most acmi's from what I hear.

It is possible to work (involuntarily and voluntarily) on your days off, and fly over guarantee.

Overall, the benefits are really good. The cost of medical WILL get a LOT more expensive, both to AAWWH employees and to Americans, as there is no cost control, and the health insurance companies are sucking us dry.

cliff
PVG

Looks like your working for ATLAS CLiff. Well done. How did you get your second interview? Wish that would happen for me.

Hey guys. Sent in my application to Atlas. I meet all the mins, plus a little. Don't really have the preferred experience though. Been doing lots of research on Atlas and think it would be a great place to work. I dont know anyone that works there though. Ive had my stuff in for months now, and they keep putting up postings of needing people, but never been called for an interview. Is there anything I can do to get my name out there?

What is a typical trip like at Atlas? How many days away from home/off. Is it home basing? How does reserve work at Atlas? long call/short call? thanks

Latest resources

Back