• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATLAS still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got a phone call from Rebecca last Friday and spoke with her, super nice to speak with! She never mentioned that link everyone is talking about. Not sure if thats bad or she just forgot to mention it? If anyone could help?

She speaks with a chief pilot after you do the telephone Q&A. I guess they call you back for the assessment but I have no idea what the normal time frame is.

She speaks with a chief pilot after you do the telephone Q&A. I guess they call you back for the assessment but I have no idea what the normal time frame is.

Has the process changed again? Myself, and most other guys I know got the link sent right away. The only time I heard of the above happening was because the guy had a relatively recent failure on his record and the HR rep had as the CP about it.

But do the HR reps do that ALL they time now as SOP?

I don't know what the SOP at HR is but I think it may be a pause to figure out post arbitration HR needs but that is pure speculation, it could be that the online evaluation was becoming compromised or someone didn't make the cut. Hopefully it's just another hurry up and wait scenario.

Thanks guys for your input. Hopefully I will get the call for the assessment down the road even if it takes a few months. I'm just fed up with 135/91 and getting phone calls at night to go fly after getting an email that same morning stating no need to fly today!!!! It would be nice to have a schedule!

More 767's for Atlas

Atlas Air Worldwide to Provide CMI Service for DHL Express In North America

Purchase, NY - September 8,2011 -- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (AAWW) (Nasdaq: AAWW), a leading global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services, today said that its Atlas Air, Inc. unit has been selected by DHL Express to operate five B767 freighters owned by DHL in its North American network starting in 2012.

The agreement with DHL Express enhances Atlas Air’s commitment to grow its non-asset-intensive CMI (Crew, Maintenance and Insurance) service solution, which was launched in 2010. The Company expects CMI to be a strategic driver of increased Company revenues and earnings and improved business mix over the next few years and beyond.

The agreement also highlights Atlas Air’s further expansion into a new, attractive gauge of aircraft, the B767, which is expected to be an important part of the Company’s fleet strategy going forward. Atlas Air’s new B767 freighter and military-passenger operation complements its market-leading B747 freighter and passenger operation.

“We are very pleased to grow our CMI operations and to expand our long-term relationship with DHL Express,” said William J. Flynn, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Since October 2008, we have provided time-definite, B747-400 freighter network service to DHL through our Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. subsidiary, primarily in the trans-Pacific trade lanes. Now we are capitalizing on our technical expertise and deep industry knowledge to initiate domestic B767 service for DHL and broaden our opportunities in aviation outsourcing.

“Both the quality and reliability of our value-added, outsourcing services enable us to serve DHL Express and our other customers as an extension of their operations and an integral part of their networks. With the global scope and scale of our operations, we are ready to help DHL grow its business and deliver on its promise of time-definite service.”

Atlas Air’s CMI service for DHL is expected to begin with one aircraft in the first quarter of 2012 and to expand to five aircraft by the third quarter of 2012. Depending on routes flown, the five aircraft are expected to generate a total volume of approximately 130 to 150 block hours per aircraft per month.

Mr. Flynn added, “This new award is an example of the strong execution of our roadmap for the future. We are driving revenue and increasing efficiencies as we grow our fleet with next-generation 747-8Fs, expand our non-asset-intensive CMI business, and implement other initiatives that will add significant value to a platform that already benefits from our industry-leading market position, global business focus, and our innovative, value-added customer solutions.”

Atlas Air Worldwide to Provide CMI Service for DHL Express In North America

Purchase, NY - September 8,2011 -- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (AAWW) (Nasdaq: AAWW), a leading global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services, today said that its Atlas Air, Inc. unit has been selected by DHL Express to operate five B767 freighters owned by DHL in its North American network starting in 2012.

The agreement with DHL Express enhances Atlas Air’s commitment to grow its non-asset-intensive CMI (Crew, Maintenance and Insurance) service solution, which was launched in 2010. The Company expects CMI to be a strategic driver of increased Company revenues and earnings and improved business mix over the next few years and beyond.

The agreement also highlights Atlas Air’s further expansion into a new, attractive gauge of aircraft, the B767, which is expected to be an important part of the Company’s fleet strategy going forward. Atlas Air’s new B767 freighter and military-passenger operation complements its market-leading B747 freighter and passenger operation.

“We are very pleased to grow our CMI operations and to expand our long-term relationship with DHL Express,” said William J. Flynn, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Since October 2008, we have provided time-definite, B747-400 freighter network service to DHL through our Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. subsidiary, primarily in the trans-Pacific trade lanes. Now we are capitalizing on our technical expertise and deep industry knowledge to initiate domestic B767 service for DHL and broaden our opportunities in aviation outsourcing.

“Both the quality and reliability of our value-added, outsourcing services enable us to serve DHL Express and our other customers as an extension of their operations and an integral part of their networks. With the global scope and scale of our operations, we are ready to help DHL grow its business and deliver on its promise of time-definite service.”

Atlas Air’s CMI service for DHL is expected to begin with one aircraft in the first quarter of 2012 and to expand to five aircraft by the third quarter of 2012. Depending on routes flown, the five aircraft are expected to generate a total volume of approximately 130 to 150 block hours per aircraft per month.

Mr. Flynn added, “This new award is an example of the strong execution of our roadmap for the future. We are driving revenue and increasing efficiencies as we grow our fleet with next-generation 747-8Fs, expand our non-asset-intensive CMI business, and implement other initiatives that will add significant value to a platform that already benefits from our industry-leading market position, global business focus, and our innovative, value-added customer solutions.”

Yes....I'd venture a guess that we're still hiring.

Good luck to all.

It would be nice to have a schedule!

Atlas is a good place to hang your hat but if a solid schedule is high on your list then this may not be one's cup of tea. In the ACMI world the only reason you have a schedule at the beginning is so there is something from which to deviate. I very much enjoy this life...it's much like the old days in C-141s but without the tents and MREs and I get a kick out of leaving home not really knowing where I'll end up. Please do realize though that if a predictable schedule is important then this won't be a good fit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I mean by schedule is you know what day's your working and what your day's off are? She mentioned over the phone that your day's off are your day's off. I'm sure like other airlines which I've worked for it could change or they could ask you to fill in on your day off. Where they send me is not important, what I'm doing in my job now is the same thing, I actually like going to different place's!! In my current job I don't have any hard day's off, they can call me at any time and say you have 2 hours to get to the plane for a flight, see ya!!! It's like a permant reserve with out any time limit. I remember working for the airlines being on reserve, scheduling would give you a duty ON and Duty OFF, no such thing in Part 91/135 world. Atlas would still be 100% better then were I'm at now!! Even with changes.

You are correct, sir! I essentially bid for my days off because that's what's important to me and whatever comes during the 17 days I work is just fine. You do start out the month with a flying schedule but it WILL change. This month I was on change #9 before I even left the house! That's not a bad thing if you like this kind of flying and I do. It adds to the adventure. It's not everyone's cup of tea however and we try to pass on what it's like so there are no illusions about what ACMI is like.

Latest resources

Back