• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've pretty much always had to commute or move. I've decided to commute instead of moving every time a base got downsized or canned. I had to do that on my days off without tickets or a hotel unless I paid for it, to and from the base at every company I worked at until Atlas and only after we got gateway. At Atlas you get a hotel and airline ticket. Living at the base awarded solves that if you choose to. Patterns are built from and to bases for the total of 17 days. The question is do you want to live in the awarded base so as to not lose the day or the half day in communting depending on the circumstance?

I just don't want to ride in coach from the west cost of the US to Europe to start work. You say patterns are build from and to bases, but there is no Atlas flying in STN.

I guess unlike your previous situations, where I work now I can fly trips that have me leaving my house around 1000-1200 on the first day and back before 1500 on the last day of the trip. While I don't get paid for the commute I don't waste a day off doing it, heck - I don't even wake up early.

I guess I'll wait and see what comes with this new contract. More than 13 days off a month for senior people, some sort of line protection, and real gateway for STN based guys would really be the icing on the cake.

Latest resources

Back