• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Just talked to Atlas:
U commute on your days off.

Pretty much all the new hires coming up will go STN. If you bid for 17+ in a row, you will be flown from the nearest "gateway" to either, STN (NOT likely), a plane for a trip, a location to either wait for a trip or to sit reserve until U get a trip.

If you DO get LAX/NYC (NOT likely at all), you can bid LESS than 17 and still get the "gateway" travel to wherever.

They asked me about my times and background. 2500 Jet is preferred, and required to get a type-rating during initial training.

They spent about 15" explaining their schedule and working situation-no sugar coating. After she tells you the details, she asks if you still want to interview, and then gives you the available dates-I'm sure a number of guys say no at that point.

If selected out of the interview now, you go right into a pool-not hired 'til offered a class date.

It actually sounds almost EXACTLY like USA Jet, but on a worldwide scale, instead of N. America. Bigger planes, bigger routes, more working days in a row and more days off, and more pay.

cliff
YIP

As of right now Polar and Atlas crews will be combined in a merger and will negotiate one CBA. That is forecasted to be complete by November. That is according to J. Prater. The process is suppose to start in June if Alpa gets their wish.
Why the rush? Click on the link for a great read.
www.atlasforteamsters.com
Right now LAX is going to be senior w/ ANC, JFK and STN being junior. Yes the company provides hotel and airline tickets to/from work in exchange for working 17 days in a row to limit the commute across the Atlantic. The STN has and will continue to shrink.
Good luck.

November ha? Yeah Right!

Hi Everyone,

I know this has been covered in threads before, but what is Atlas's requirement with regard to turbine PIC. Does it matter if its logged under part 1 AND 61? Or are they pretty stringent with this kind of thing. I've got over 1000 with part 1 and 61, but under if its just part 1.

Thanks for the update.

LC

Hi!

The lady who is in charge of setting up the interviews/recruiting, etc. called me. I applied in Nov???, updated my app once or twice, then in Feb I emailed/mailed/faxed my resume all on the same day, then a couple of weeks later a buddy of mine walked in my resume-I didn't think it would help, but the recruiter mentioned his name when calling me, so it DID help.

Good luck!
cliff
GRB
PS-Couldn't make the interview-was told to keep emailing her and she'd call me when the next interviews were scheduled. There HQ is in NYC, but they do the interviews at the sim in MIA, so they can't just interview whenever-they have to fly the interview team into MIA.

As of right now Polar and Atlas crews will be combined in a merger and will negotiate one CBA. That is forecasted to be complete by November. That is according to J. Prater. The process is suppose to start in June if Alpa gets their wish.
Why the rush? Click on the link for a great read.
www.atlasforteamsters.com
Right now LAX is going to be senior w/ ANC, JFK and STN being junior. Yes the company provides hotel and airline tickets to/from work in exchange for working 17 days in a row to limit the commute across the Atlantic. The STN has and will continue to shrink.
Good luck.

What got the ball rolling on the merger? Was the decertification move? Is the company required to merger the two groups?

Thanks

Still Interviewing

Been in recurrent training all week, and saw that we have been interviewing since Tuesday and will end tomorrow. Not sure when the next interviews will be, but told all that interviewed this week and passed the interview will be in a hiring pool.

Mabey this was before Crashpad inherited his alter-ego?

Yea, now he is just a babbling idiot exploiting the African American race and making us look like idiots with the help of a Flavor Flave pic

Latest resources

Back