Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9drvr

Hello........

Just got a call from Atlas to come in for a interview.
May I ask the viewers of this forum for some information.

What is the initial new hire aircraft assignment - 200 or 400 series??

What is this new interviewing/hiring for??? Iraq/CRAF military flying, expansion, new customers, etc.

Training location, pay, perdiem, airline fare to training, hotel, etc.???

Company benefits - 401K, insurance, dental life, health, credit union, etc.

Flight crew domiciles/bases?? Time to upgrade to Captain??

Any problems with the Polar Air pilot group???

Describe some of the customers/routes currently being flown.

Typical schedules??? 2 weeks on-2 weeks off, etc.

BIG ITEM..........Managements relations with the pilot group????????????

Thank you.

To all the readers of this forum --------- thanks for all the information and a "Happy Holiday" to all who read and reply.

Best Wishes to everyone in this tough airline economy.

9drvr

Atlas

Hey Buddy...

When and how? i have been in the pool for two years and word yet....what is going on?

Tell me more man. thanx

Does anyone have the pay scales and monthly gurantee from the new contract that was ratified a couple months back.

Also has quality of life improved allot at Atlas since the new contract?

Thanks and Fly Safe
Chuck

Is this true?

This thread got buried too quickly, so back to the top it goes.

I was speaking to Atlas pilot yesterday, and I mentioned this "rumor." He was surprised and denied it.

9drvr, how about some more details, like how long you've been in the pool? Why wasn't Mkmoz called since he's been waiting two years?

If it’s true, then congrats, and good luck, it looks like you find yourself in the -400.

I agree with the last post - proper etiquette demands that if you're going to partake of the info. everybody else is providing then you should tell us what the deal is - my friend at Atlas has no knowledge of any interviews or of a "pool" either.

Good luck guys - tell us how it goes.

Atlas Info ??????

Hello, and Happy Holidays.

Here is the information I have. I have had my resume in the pile since my former employer was grounded for maintenance, appx.
1yr and 4 months ago.

I was called by a Atlas HR female type on Monday, Nov. 25th if I was still interested in the company. YES!!!!!!!!

Several questions were ask; currently qualified in any heavy jet a/c...YES 8200 hrs in a DC-8. currently available....yes, current US passport and medical...yes, etc.

A brief review of my resume and that was it. Was scheduled a interview in Miami the week of the 8th, and told to be there.

Was told that all furloughed crewmembers were called back, and this is the first new hire class for expansion in new customers, military CRAF/Iraq flying and general increase in flying.

Regarding the comment " hope this begins to help" was out of line.

I know Atlas quite well, but being out of work since mid August places me out of the loop in pay/benefits, schedules, etc that they fly.

If someone could assist, it will be appreciated. If not, I will get it all in Miami late next week.

That is it. Best wishes to our sterling comrades at United and their corporate plight, and this very bad airline economy.

9drvr.

Just heard it......

We line drivers just got the official word via voicemail yesterday. Interviewing 4 days in December.

Nothing else at all. No info on how many, what aircraft nothing.

My only words of advice are: Your mind set during the interview should be "I love to fly" "I love being away from home 19 days at a time" "I love to fly" "I love being away from my family during the holidays" Atlas will really try to dig and make sure that your willing to put up with all the "crap" that goes along with this job.

Yes, you will be gone 19 days a month. Yes, even when your scheduled for a day off, Atlas has the power to move two of your days off. Yes you will dead-head half way around the world to do one leg of 8 hours and then dead-head the other half way around the world home. And all of this for 3 to 1 pay. (three hours deadhead = one hour flight pay)
It's alot of fun, but it's alot of hard work and ALOT of frustration! Being awarded a pattern means pretty much nothing here. Atlas has a middle name it's CHANGE. Things change all the time. Somedays you will have 4 major pattern changes. You really have to be easy-going and slow to anger with this job. They will really be watching for this during the interview.

Just three days ago in Shenzen, China I got called at the hotel room to "quickly" pack up my bags and get to the airport to catch a commercial up to Shanghai and oh by the way the flight leaves in two hours. I told them that it was impossible to make the flight in two hours. I promised them on my mothers grave that there was no way I could make the flight. They said we want you to try! So, I pack my bags and start a 4 hour journey that leads to you guessed it.....I missed the flight. All of this for no pay and tons of frustration. Four hours to get back to the hotel and to do my normal trip that I was patterned for the next day. There is alot of "putting out fires". And there sometimes seems to be a general mistrust of the crews.

I have had 38 hour dead-heads, I have been sent to Kuala Lumpur to sit for 7 days, and never fly a leg. Followed by dead-heading home again. You will fly New York to Hong Kong 17 to 18 hours, walk a mile through the airport, sit in a hot cab for an hour to an hour and a half to get to the hotel to find out that you dont really have a room. Well into your 21 hour day now, you will spend an hour on the phone to find a room somewhere in HK to then get back into another cab. You will get sick from eating strange food, (this includes some of the crew meals!)spend days in the hotel with cramps sweating your brains out, wishing you were home. You will be awarded a line of flying with 87 hours, just when you think your about to make some money, they will cancel 20 hours off your line. There's more, but you get my drift.........

Atlas is a great place, you will have TONS of fun and you will see the world. BUT, you have to be willing to put up with ALOT! It is very hard on a family, very frustrating, and everything changes daily. Long haul, international flying is NOT for everybody!

So!, if you dont mind putting up with stuff like that! Come fly one of the greatest airplanes flying, with some of the best crews in the world!!

Good Luck to all who interview.

Icebergclub

I'am in Dubai just coming off of a 19 day trip and will be home in two days. If you have any specific questions that I can answer let me know. I will try my best to get back to you after my wife has had her way with me!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back