• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas interview - HELP!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're on 17 days which gives you 13 or 14 days off depending. The company can (and will) take 4 of those at least 50% of the time. Factor in an on-your-own commute to Europe and you'll be home for about 8 days.

The kind of lifestyle you'll have at Atlas is not for everybody. Pay, hotels, crews, destinations and equipment are all good. Schedules will not be what you will find at a scheduled airline. It all depends on what is most important to you.

Last edited:
Can't speak for Atlas, I really don't know. At PO min days off is 14 and the 3 day extension only applies to reserves, and even then, under certain conditions only. Hard lines are mixed, 14 to 17 days off. I've personnally had an average of 14.7 days a month AT HOME last year and will better that this year.

Some do stay out longer but that's their choice (at PO). Some of them like to complain about the number of days they were out, but again that's THEIR choice. First outfit I've ever worked for, where you can actually pick up the phone and tell sched "sorry but no thks" (on your days off).

Cheers

heilhaavir said:
Can't speak for Atlas, I really don't know. At PO min days off is 14 and the 3 day extension only applies to reserves, and even then, under certain conditions only. Hard lines are mixed, 14 to 17 days off. I've personnally had an average of 14.7 days a month AT HOME last year and will better that this year.

Some do stay out longer but that's their choice (at PO). Some of them like to complain about the number of days they were out, but again that's THEIR choice. First outfit I've ever worked for, where you can actually pick up the phone and tell sched "sorry but no thks" (on your days off).

Cheers

A cool deal indeed............:D

Im a low time guy, 1500TT with 500 multi. I've put in about 15 years as an A&P on classics and 400's, prior to hanging up the toolbox key. I've also been a systems instructor for several outfits on the 400's. Have you seen ANY pilot newhires coming in with less than the minimums? Does any of my past experience mean anything? I was just wondering.

Thanks~

Frozen Ronin said:
Im a low time guy, 1500TT with 500 multi. I've put in about 15 years as an A&P on classics and 400's, prior to hanging up the toolbox key. I've also been a systems instructor for several outfits on the 400's. Have you seen ANY pilot newhires coming in with less than the minimums? Does any of my past experience mean anything? I was just wondering.

Thanks~

Certainly can't hurt you. I'd say it would be a big plus once you hit the bare minimums... Good luck!

Thanks everyone

Thank you everyone for a little more insight and your time. Thankfully, I have some more time to think about this and become as educated as I possibly can. Every piece of advice is extremely helpful, so do keep the suggestions/advice/lifestyle any info flowing. I would also like to talk to someone who currently works at Atlas/Polar; I have a few questions and it would help out tremendously with the decision making process. I promise I don't have that many questions :)

PM me if interested.

what family? a chance to run around and spend my days off in Europe!!!!or where ever.....

sign me up!!!!!

gone alot....more the better!!!

Heavy Set said:
Not many opportunities to fly the big boys anymore in the US. True that the schedule could be difficult, but flying the 747 is a great experience. Any idea if newhires would likely be placed in the 200 or 400? Would this be for a Stansted position?

Good luck!

FWIW, I and at least 2 others I know who recently interviewed were offered -400 Stansted slots.

Are you going? Do it! STN won't be forever! It might be fun, and you will be back in the States before you know it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back