• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas interview - HELP!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Polar types F/Os in the -200, whereas Atlas does not.

The reason for this is Polar sometimes flys the -200 over 12 hours in a 24 hour period, which requires 4 crewmembers instead of the 3 required from 8-12.

propjob27 said:
Polar types F/Os in the -200, whereas Atlas does not.

The reason for this is Polar sometimes flys the -200 over 12 hours in a 24 hour period, which requires 4 crewmembers instead of the 3 required from 8-12.

You have it backwards, Atlas types, Polar does not. Eventually polar will type everyone as the two are merged, but right now they do not for various reasons. (ie. No level D sim, time in type required without a level d. etc.)

End result, all Atlas pilots are typed, only the 400 Polar guys are right now.

User Name,

Any word on what the Aug. 8th class is regarding Polar or Atlas? What about a/c? I am currently swimmin'.

for those of you ...

who got the interview with Polar / Atlas, how did you get it? Did you have someone walk in a resume, Letter of Rec, or just email and Fax a copy?

I emailed my res to a friend of a friend, who then walked it in directly to Denie's desk. She called me the next day for an interview.

From what she told him, they are not calling ANYBODY without internal recs. Though times out there.

I emailed Denise once a week and had a friend walk some stuff in. 3 weeks from first email to interview.
Aug 8 is Polar and Atlas positions.

propjob Thanks for the info, Although I don't have any heavy time (only about 200sic jet time for that matter) I do believe I could be competitive. I will try to ride some jumpseats and befriend some of you pilots out there, and get that resume to the right people :p

Just a few more questions ...

All: This is very much appreciated. I can't thank everyone enough. As the interview nears, some questions remain. Atlas/Polar specific, if you have the time, at your leisure, if you wouldn't mind answering the following questions:

Stansted: I understand Stansted. However, let's say I'm in FRA (or anywhere else within central europe), would the company work with you and buy you a ticket from there to wherever your mission originates?

Deployment: I believe I understand the 'norm' to be as 17 on, 13 off. So, jumpseating home each way, am I correct to understand 11 days off now? Or do they typically give you 14 days off? I have heard, however, that they will occasionally assign you 17 on at the end of the month, followed by 17 on at the beginning of the next month. 34 days - and my wife says - uh WHAT!?! So, would someone please give me a little more of an idea of what I can expect? And in addition, the more senior you get, how does your schedule become? Are there such things as 1 week on, 1 week off?

Base: At present, (if Atlas) when would I be able to bid back to the US? <--Biggie for my wife...

International phone calling: How on earth do you stay in touch with your family and remain financially thrifty? Also, a biggie...

Family travel benefits: Spouse and parents I suppose. Is DL ID 90, NW ID 75 correct?

Anyone have any idea of the planned hiring forecast?

Is there a training contract?

Jumpseating back and forth to europe. I assume you're part of the CASS system. How hard is jumpseating across the pond?

Any further interview advice/sim profile help is of course always welcome.

And if you have the time, a schedule example would be excellent!

Thank you in advance to the ones who take the time to answer! If I end up with the Atlas/Polar team the beer to you is on me!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back