• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas interview - HELP!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the info provided here has been somewhat accurate, but what they fail to mention is that when they do take your days off (max four), you are compensated very well financially. Theres always alot of bitching going on but when the checks arrive , it gets really quiet.

In addition, yes the Standstead base is not necessarily the most attractive, but the sooner you get on the sooner you will be domestic based. Lately, JFK has been going junior.

I cant think of too many jobs where you get 14 days off in a row!!

The sim ride is in the classic with the flight director off. You fly a sid, enter holding and then shoot an approach. If youve been flying mostly glass, you might wanna brush up on flying steam gauges.

Good Luck

* 3,500 hours total time in airplanes
* 1,000 hours turbine PIC in jets
* 2,500 hours of Turbo Jet

Is what is off the website...

Anybody been getting in with less jet time?

Thanks

Wankel

Last edited:
Panel interview is very easy. About 10-15 minutes max. Its the HR lady and both chief pilots. How would you handle going to Stansted? Read this Metar? Why did you choose that college? Will you go back to so-in-so if you get recalled?
Sim - Sometimes MIA, sometimes SFO.
SFO was departure on 28R, Climb to 3000', intercept 281radial, at 6DME right turn to intercept 287radial, climb to 5000 feet. Everything at 210kts. Vectors, then direct SFO VOR, holding instructions, right seater will fly if you need him, he makes 1000' foot calls, and configures plane, wont do anything else. Then, vectors to 28R ILS. Sraight forward, no feedback. The gouge they give you are right on for pitch and power.
There's a July class for -200 and -400, an Aug. 8th class for both planes, and a tentative Sept. 11 class for both planes.

I have an interview for Atlas / Polar in early August.

How are the trips at Polar vs Atlas? Is there any difference? I've read some posts about Atlas' trips, but none that were specifically about Polar.

Thanks

Hired into the August 8th class. 4000TT; 1600+ Turbine; 600ish Turbine PIC
It can be done. Best of luck to all.....(also, my understanding is you need 1500 turbine min. to fly the -200, 2500 turbine for -400)

User Name said:
It can be done. Best of luck to all.....(also, my understanding is you need 1500 turbine min. to fly the -200, 2500 turbine for -400)

Congrats, when did you interview? what equip and base? Polar or Atlas?

User Name said:

Thanks for all the info!

When you kept saying turbine...

Is that turbine anything?

Or turbine jet?

Thanks!

Wankel

This may have been answered previously, but can someone tell me whether all Atlas newhire 200 and 400 pilots go to Stansted initially? I know that the 400 operates out of Stansted but not sure about whether the 200 operates (or has a base) out of there too. If so, where do the 200s tend to operate out of Stansted? Are there advantages to being on the 200 vs. the 400 initially?

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back