Atlas info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cargoav8or

Hey guys, whats the upgrade time at Atlas these days? Also heard that you have a gateway system for being based in STN. Any truth to that? Also would like to know what the average monthly credit is. Is it hard for a junior guy to pick up extra time? I'm not a time whore but 62hrs is a bit to low to live on.

Thanks in advance

Can't speak much about the STN situation, but when I was there it was very difficult to break guarantee. They would typically work me right up to it, then I'd find myself sitting somwhere for days on end. Very financially challenging (for me personally, anyway).

IMHO...there are much better options out there.

YEA, STARTING TO SEE THAT. TO BAD, SEEMS LIKE IT COULD BE A COOL JOB. THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS, MOVING ON.

Can't speak much about the STN situation, but when I was there it was very difficult to break guarantee. They would typically work me right up to it, then I'd find myself sitting somwhere for days on end. Very financially challenging (for me personally, anyway).

IMHO...there are much better options out there.

I am on the -400 and @ STN we almost alway break the guarantee. 1st year I made approx 75k, year two 100k (w/ no outbase or vx days). Around 100 pay hrs per month. This is only my case...some make less...most make about the same and some make more.

I am on the -400 and @ STN we almost alway break the guarantee. 1st year I made approx 75k, year two 100k (w/ no outbase or vx days). Around 100 pay hrs per month. This is only my case...some make less...most make about the same and some make more.

Could you give us some idea of the kind of schedule you had in STN for those years. How many days off? How many days at home?

Thanks

I posted a couple of times on Atlas HERE on Flightinfo with a union audio message and later with another union audio message and our union contract in PDF.

We are in the process of a ratification vote on a STN gateway/deadheading agreement which will provide gateway coach travel for the STN shafted guys. They currently don't have that benefit like the US based guys. Will know more by the end of May if it passes. Should help the guys stuck in STN significantly vs what they endure now getting to work.

If you interview, assume that they are lying to you in most cases. If it sounds great, they are probably lying about whatever you are talking about at the time. They will be hiring 30 to 60 this year.

I posted a couple of times on Atlas HERE on Flightinfo with a union audio message and later with another union audio message and our union contract in PDF.

We are in the process of a ratification vote on a STN gateway/deadheading agreement which will provide gateway coach travel for the STN shafted guys. They currently don't have that benefit like the US based guys. Will know more by the end of May if it passes. Should help the guys stuck in STN significantly vs what they endure now getting to work.

If you interview, assume that they are lying to you in most cases. If it sounds great, they are probably lying about whatever you are talking about at the time. They will be hiring 30 to 60 this year.

Thanks Cfire,

I read the contract but it is very difficult to determine what life would be like living under that contract. Do they extend you into days off much?

A friend of mine at World said you guys had days off on the road. I couldn't see how this would be possible under the contract - was that an old contract he was refering to?

The type of schedule you have with large blocks of time at work followed by blocks of time off together appeals to me and I am just trying to see how it works in practise.

I was/am just trying to get some idea of how life would be working at STN.

Also could you post the TA?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Thanks Cfire,

I read the contract but it is very difficult to determine what life would be like living under that contract. Do they extend you into days off much?

A friend of mine at World said you guys had days off on the road. I couldn't see how this would be possible under the contract - was that an old contract he was refering to?

The type of schedule you have with large blocks of time at work followed by blocks of time off together appeals to me and I am just trying to see how it works in practise.

I was/am just trying to get some idea of how life would be working at STN.

Also could you post the TA?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

They can extend us up to 4 days that were scheduled off. Being grieved the way they do it. They have been doing it a lot for the past year due to trying to avoid hiring. If your a reserve guy, they can move 4 days off around and then later extend you which screws with knowing when you can attend your kids school play. Not sure what the World guy means. Probably more sensationalism of someone else's complaining or talked to some guy that don't know the contract and their rights. We have a lot of guys that don't know how to say "NO" when the company tries pulling crap on them.

It's our first contract and hopefully that will improve some with the upcoming merger.

You can bid for full blocks in a row or mix and match. You will be placed in STN so they allow for full 17 day blocks followed by by your 13 to 14 days off depending on the month length. It is the usual bidding 101 at the carrier your at. Some know and some guys never get it. If you live/move to the EU it's not to bad I'm told. If the TA passes, it may resolve a lot of the problems if you choose to commute.

There are no trips that start out of STN. Kind of a phantom base for the union busting AACS/AABO operation they started it when we unionized. Also why it is still there. Leverage in negotiations. There are about 60 of those guys still there that enjoy super seniority and upgrades in the STN base.

Cannot post the TA outside of membership yet due to a committee request. Can after the ratification vote later in May.

Latest resources

Back