• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think they're hiring into a common Atlas/Polar pool. Try looking on the Polar page. Last time I did, the contact was an @atlas.com mail addy.

I saw the same info on airlinepilotcentral.com. I believe the above post is correct. I think you can email your resume to [email protected] or there is also a fax number that I can't recall offhand, but is posted on the Polar web page.

Atlas just interviewed and hired a large chunk of Kitty Hawk Furloughed guys under an Atlas union MEC coordinated preferential hiring agreement with management. Classes start Jan 7 and in Feb. Congrats to those guys.

They do hire from a common pool for Atlas and Polar. Polar was hiring to meet a DHL requirement and for attrition.

Further hiring is on hold at Atlas for the moment due to the Age 65 thing providing less retirements and an upcoming arbitration of the Polar union trying to grab some Atlas crews flying again. The same flying they got at the cost of 170 Atlas crews once upon a time when we were in contract negotiations and they thought it wouldn't happen to them during their negotiations.

Anyhow, the lorenzo factor is getting smaller. They are leaving or getting passed over for promotion by the new CEO who seems to be setting things more right so far.

Here is the proposed remedy by the Polar MEC to grab back previous Atlas flying in the aforementioned arbitration in PDF Click Here for PDF

Last edited:
RUN AWAY FROM THAT MESS!!!!!

And that Lorenzo cronie....

Boy that is the pot calling the kettle black coming from a CAL pilot. Talk about a mess! It aint too pretty there and talk about Lorenzo tactics? From CAL, give me a break. :rolleyes:

It's true we got our mess too. Spineless union, scabs who ALPA greeted with open arms, poor staffing... But we got rid of the Lorenzo management style. The old divide and conquer, pit the two groups against each other move aircraft from side to side, transfer flying at will, threaten furlough... You Know the good stuff...

And for the record, I really enjoyed working for Polar!! Great group of talented pilots, Great group of guys in the office, Great group of schedulers and dispatchers... But when Lee Steele announced the AAWH had purchaced Polar-that is when I started looking for another job!!!

Last edited:
But when Lee Steele announced the AAWH had purchaced Polar-that is when I started looking for another job!!!
But... I thought everything that was "wrong" at AAWH was Polar's fault!?

Just ask cfire, s/he'll tell ya!

But... I thought everything that was "wrong" at AAWH was Polar's fault!?

Just ask cfire, s/he'll tell ya!

I suppose that depends on what your specifically talking about. Financially, working conditions for the Atlas crewmembers, or just the lack of union council to council solidarity of the Polar group to the Atlas crewmembers. The same Atlas crews who have been the only cargo airline in ALPA history to hold a sympathy strike for another airline per ALPA legal claims. Rewarded with nothing but spite/accusations/false charges by the Polar MEC and council members under their MEC guidance.

Charges and false accusations by Polar that ALPA would not hear initially and then later held an alternative dispute resolution hearing that cleared the accused names when the Polar MEC took their accusations and names to a public bulletin board via one of their flunkies. This hearing was later referred to as the "ADR" in which the Polar MEC did not have the balls or character to show up for under the ADR request. Also indicating the validity of Polars original claims.

All resulting in the ALPA President Prater having to apologize for Polar and ALPA to the falsely accused Atlas crewmembers. Here is the link for the download that is also on the ALPA site and will be in the Jan/Feb ALPA magazine. Contains the PDF of the ADR findings also. Click Here

If financially, here is some evidence that was also presented to the ADR panel in a flash "click on image" slide show to continue to the next slide. Click Here. It also shows, beside the self serving nature of the Polar council, how they had financially affected us at the Atlas crewmembers by their actions.

So while everything isn't Polars fault, they sure have screwed everyone including themselves while grabbing at everything they could get.

Why don't you do something constructive like we do at the Atlas council. Something like helping others get jobs exampled by the Atlas council with the Kitty Hawk furloughed for one or go I.P. Freley up a rope.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back