• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas going Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. Both Atlas or Polar would win if they got close to the equivalent of a ABX contract. Apples to apples under all the contracts.

One group just wants to make sure they come out ahead of the others instead of working together, as history has proven out. To the point of taking advantage of a piece of a questionable scope clause they hope to screw a number of guys over on the other side of the equation. That and purchasing ALPA representation at the cost of votes for the ALPA President. But that is a whole other story in itself.

I think a lot of what is happening is that ALPA has gotten back on the ACMI is the enemy theme and have cut all expenditures and representation for Atlas. Considering that Prater has been unable to "taking it back" from airline management, he has decided to take it from within. Especially with US Air leaving ALPA for their own in house union. Rumors are abound with Continental pushing to leave also.

There is a difference between supporting an ALPA council and just representing them. We are barely getting the latter.

ALPA only just recently put Atlas Air on the ALPA letter head with all the other ALPA councils. Only after a push for teamsters and someone pointing it out in the normal course of rhetoric.

Even more salt into the wounds is the recent top priority of the NWA - Delta merger when Atlas - Polar has been trying to merge for the last almost three years. Both with contracts overdue by years. Of course that is due to ALPA supporting Polar (170 guys) vs Atlas (700 guys) to log jamb the merger process.

The Merger is a big Joke! There is no merger.

Not according to ALPA National and your MEC leader, (Bob H.). Have a nice day.:puke:

Last edited:
interesting thread. i'm thinking about leaving my regional and applying to atlas.

just a couple of questions though. with this "gateway" basing and workind 17 days, the travel to and from the gateway is counted in the 17 right?

does atlas have a scope clause to protect the work?

thanks in advance

interesting thread. i'm thinking about leaving my regional and applying to atlas.

just a couple of questions though. with this "gateway" basing and workind 17 days, the travel to and from the gateway is counted in the 17 right?

does atlas have a scope clause to protect the work?

thanks in advance

Interesting question. I think all Union Jobs have a scope clause, but it doesn't always protect the work. This may be one of the main reason why the Atlas MEC wants to switch from ALPA to Teamsters.

Hi!

At Atlas, U have to travel on YOUR DAYS OFF.

cliff
GRB

Originally Posted by tjsatter
Airline management, in general, HATES Unions. But they love the Teamsters. Hoffa Junior is a pussie and management lacky and backs union-busting management tactics.

tj

Has Hoffa allowed egregious amounts of money for one union (Polar 170 members) on grievances that the requested remedy is to take flying jobs away again from a brother union (Atlas at 600 members)? Has he cut the union budget to the bone of the same brother union in favor of the other one that voted for him? Has he log jambed a merger initiated by a previous union president because the favored union council doesn't like it now - but it was great when it was a merger into Polar, while at the same time fast tracks the NWA-Delta merger?

I could go on. It appears ALPA is happy to have our dues money, but wants us at the back of the bus with all the rest of the unworthy ACMI and "B" carrier union brothers.

With Teamsters, we will have more control of the money and where it goes for what purpose.

I wouldn't say that Hoffa is kissing managements posterior. The Railway Labor Act ties the hands of everyone. I have been Teamsters before and ALPA. Both unions just can't stand up and strike when a company finds the holes in your contract. That is in the RLA and I have intimate knowledge of that. Exposed to it constantly and referred to it constantly by ALPA attorneys as to why we can't do something to make a company stop the abuse. ALPA actually likes referring to it so that they don't have to spend money on your grievances unless you are Polar in which you get a free hand of spending money on it and outside attorney's.

My big problem is when union national officers participate in dismantling and sabotage of a brother union council because of influence purchased with a small number of votes for those elected officers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back