• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlantic Southeast updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would Delta want to sell Compass or Mesaba? Two less regionals to have to pay for flying, since they already own the jets?

Delta needs cash to buy airplanes.

If any growth for ASA were in the cards, we would be hiring now while simultaneously recalling all furloughs.

Because they ALWAYS plan ahead for staffing needs, right?

Oh, wait...no they don't. They wait until the last moment and make it an emergency event.

Would the sale of Compass or Mesaba null/void out their Flow Thru? I understand Delta wants cash, but selling a wholy owned regional where it costs them much less to run than outsource to another non-wholly owned company seems as if it would cost them a lot more $ in the long run.

Yup, this is the "what's about to happen" I've been talking about for the past few months. Its a good sign that SH and the Chief Pilots are talking about it openly now. Must mean its getting close to sealing the deal and an announcement. Anyone know if they've called DR(The guy in charge of the hiring department) back from fishing yet?

If Skywest Inc. were to aquire Compass and merge them with ASA it wouldn't be pretty. Expect date of hire integration with the pilot groups and nothing less. That would put every Compass captain back as first officer.

best I can tell Compass deal is dead... SkyWest DOES want to enter 75-125 seat market over the next 5-10 years

"other options are swirling" (~SH)

Would the sale of Compass or Mesaba null/void out their Flow Thru? I understand Delta wants cash, but selling a wholy owned regional where it costs them much less to run than outsource to another non-wholly owned company seems as if it would cost them a lot more $ in the long run.

From what i understand...the flow through stays intact with the sale of either of those airlines, the buyer would inherit it. It would be in the best interest to keep a flowthrough with the amount of retirements coming up.

I have a feeling Big D would love to get rid of the flow thru and that is very much part of the motivation for punching off that wholly owned.

If it can be done, they'll find a way.

I have a feeling Big D would love to get rid of the flow thru and that is very much part of the motivation for punching off that wholly owned.

If it can be done, they'll find a way.

The flowthru is between the unions at each company. Can't be eliminated thru selling the company. DAL would have to liquidate Mesaba and Compass to eliminate the flowthru. Doubtful that will happen.

Latest resources

Back