• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlantic Bucks to make up for the STIP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Might be going out on a limb here, 993, but I think even you know and understand the National Teamster?s (your direct bosses and the Organization you are under and support with pilot dues) was recommended last week (not 25+ years ago) to be put on Federal watch ?cause, among other things, they spend most of pilot?s dues on themselves and other unsavory ?causes?. But you?re OK with that, you say.

Your hyperbole(read BS) is pretty good 993, among the best on this string. Now, if you could just stick to the truth you might get some respect.

Lastly, could you give me some advice on how to spend our forthcoming bonus? Would the IBT recommend rejecting it because it?s a trick to get us to reject the union???.perhaps we should reject it because it won?t be in any forthcoming contract the union might negotiate(if the IBT is voted in) ?.or perhaps your bosses might want us to send it to them directly so they could spend it ?as they see fit.? Anyways, please advise quickly. There?s no telling what those evil b**tards in HQ are planning today to make our lives even more pathetic and chaotic?.
WL...

I haven't heard anything about Teamsters National or the Airline Division being placed back on Federal oversight. If it is in fact true that the Teamsters National or the Airline division (Not some rouge local) were placed back on Federal Oversight, I will be both surprised and disappointed. I couldn't manage to find it with a search either, so maybe you could post a link for your source, or is this just hyperbole on your part, hoping nobody will bother to do any research? I would never be OK with a portion of my dues being squandered. I often don't like how my government sends my tax dollars either, but that doesn't mean we should overthrow the government, we just need to get rid of the bad apples. What I will say is that I am OK with giving 25% of my dues for the support that Teamsters National has given our local. We get far more support than we could purchase on the free market for the same services.

If KR/DAC is in fact giving the Flex pilots another bonus, the timing is awfully suspicious with a representation vote coming up, and it would be probably ruled as an illegal interference in the election. But when has KR ever let the fact that something is illegal stop him from doing it? However, my recommendation would be to happily accept it, because it is likely the last one you will ever get.

If KR/DAC is in fact giving the Flex pilots another bonus, the timing is awfully suspicious with a representation vote coming up, and it would be probably ruled as an illegal interference in the election. But when has KR ever let the fact that something is illegal stop him from doing it? However, my recommendation would be to happily accept it, because it is likely the last one you will ever get.

993, I think the Flex pilots, that are not drinking the Kool-Aid, already know KR/DAC will not pay. KR has perfected his smoke and mirrors act and always has someone else to blame. Who will be the villain this time?

KR 0-4 in Federal court. Court system appears to think that KR is not "Honest Abe" yet you defend him.
RH you cost Flexjet how much money when Flexjet lost the racism lawsuit you caused???? I hear your testimony in the latest lawsuit showed who you really are, a self serving fraud.

Lastly, could you give me some advice on how to spend our forthcoming bonus? Would the IBT recommend rejecting it because it?s a trick to get us to reject the union???.perhaps we should reject it because it won?t be in any forthcoming contract the union might negotiate(if the IBT is voted in) ?.or perhaps your bosses might want us to send it to them directly so they could spend it ?as they see fit.? Anyways, please advise quickly. There?s no telling what those evil b**tards in HQ are planning today to make our lives even more pathetic and chaotic?.
WL...

Won't matter how you want to spend it when you can't spend it because you are dead after you flew a broke airplane, flew extremely fatigued just trying to make the biggest part of the bonus.

Don't know if you are trying to play me, or if Cap'n Crunch doesn't allow outside reading, but here it is for your reading pleasure:

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2015/10/ohio_conference_of_teamsters_d.html
Can't wait to hear the spin on this.
WL

Did you read the article you linked? This bunch takes $1.25 per member per month, that'll amount to $15 annually of your hard-earned dollars. If they waste 70% of it, as the report finds the worst case might be, that's $10.50, almost a buck a month! The depth of the corruption! Sure, this looks like an old-style good ol' boys club holdout from the Hoffa days, and sure looks like it needs to be disbanded, but this 'criminal enterprise' puts the broken promises from KR & Co to shame? The company never wasted that much, then cried poor about the raises it couldn't give?

Lastly, could you give me some advice on how to spend our forthcoming bonus? Would the IBT recommend rejecting it because it?s a trick to get us to reject the union???.
WL...

Of course it's a trick to do just that, and you know it. If you ever see that bonus once, you expect anyone to believe it'll ever happen again, either way the vote goes?

Don't know if you are trying to play me, or if Cap'n Crunch doesn't allow outside reading, but here it is for your reading pleasure:

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2015/10/ohio_conference_of_teamsters_d.html
Can't wait to hear the spin on this.
WL

Your link didn't work for me, but I guess it is probably the same one put out in the recent company propaganda, which I rarely read.

Admittedly, I don't know what the Ohio Conference of Teamsters even does, or how exactly they fit into the overall Teamsters organizational structure, but I am fairly certain that they are NOT the "Direct Bosses" of the Local 1108 like you said. My understanding is that organizationally, the Local 1108 falls under the Airline Division, which then falls under IBT National. However, the IBT is operationally run as a bottom-up organization, not a top-down structure. But it was a good attempt on your part to paint the picture that fits the OneSky management's agenda.

I didn't see anything about criminal charges, just a recommendation from an independent review board that recommended they be put under a trusteeship, not a "Federal Watch". Big difference, but I guess the look and sound of "Federal Watch" once again fits your agenda better. However, there is still no excuse for the poor record keeping, nor the apparent misuse of funds, regardless if it only amounts to a portion of the $1.50 per member every month. Human nature being what it is, there are always some folks that are tempted when there is little oversight, and I am sure that teamsters national will handle the problem now that they are aware.

No spin here. You see Warlord, checks and balances are a good thing, and they worked in this instance. The DAC/OneSky management team has already proven that they need checks and balances in a huge way, and the IBT Local 1108 is here to provide them. Without those checks and balances, seniority will be meaningless, and everything will be doled out to the FOK, and the rest of us will be coerced into operating in the "Gray Areas" of the regs and doing things the KR way, lest we soon find ourselves on the street. The pilots realize this, and that is why the the IBT Local 1108 will win this election.

Last edited:
I am not sure what you are talking about. Three Flex pilots get fired for no real reason and the ibt 1108 and national step up and pay for the lawyers to get them their jobs reinstated and you don't see that as helping Flex?

I admit seeing emai how it all happened is a changer but seeing Rick lash out after was more. Only transfers now since I guess real flexjets see it to. He need to just admit he did it but saying he hates the guy for posting it ain't good. Im feeling betrayed and not sure what to do. If Ken makes Rick that way maybe.

Still don't want Union but i'm feeling betrayed and PIC isn't it.

Latest resources

Back