Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GlorifiedCabbie

Just an FYI for the pilots At Flex,
Was in the OCC last week and cut thru the flight planning room to get to an hr question answered. Up on the screen was a list of the FO/Flex tail #s with the amount of uplift over the recommended. The first column was the tail #, the second was the recommended uplift, the third was the pounds over the recommended, and the column on the right was the % over. If you think you can make up for the lack of a STIP with Atlantic Bucks, be careful. The company has a list. If you uplift over #200 at Options, the check airmen will remind you of the fuelling protocol on your next checkride.

OK GC….got my boots on now.

For all you IBT folks who don’t read anything that’s not VUH vetted, here is an excerpt from the Cleveland Dealer on the CURRENT IBT dealings.

CLEVELAND, Ohio – An independent board is recommending that a trusteeship be imposed on a statewide International Brotherhood of Teamsters entity because it has been so poorly managed in the past.

The report by the Independent Review Board regarding the Ohio Conference of Teamsters depicts an organization that doesn't document expenditures and displays little interest in addressing the needs of union members.

The report says that the Conference spent at least 70 percent of union members' money "for the benefit of its officers, employees and other local officers." The Conference also spent funds without requiring approval, which is a violation of its bylaws, according to the report.

This is among the examples the report offers: "Without appropriate board approvals -- under the guise of some over half-century written agreement -- its officers spent 16 percent of revenues under an alleged retainer agreement to pay legal expenses locals' incurred to a select law firm in violation of the bylaws. In total, over 20 percent of its revenues annually flowed to this one law firm without required (Conference) board approval."

At the same time, the Conference spent nothing on programs or initiatives to educate its members, according to the report. The report said the Conference did not provide "statistical information to support the best possible service to the membership in collective bargaining, which were claimed objectives for its existence in its bylaws." The Conference also "failed to perform its specific obligation in its bylaws concerning retaining and reviewing collective bargaining agreements."

"It failed to follow basic financial controls that the constitution, its bylaws IBT (International Brotherhood of Teamsters) policies and federal labor laws imposed on it," the report states.

Now, I realize you fellows have an excuse for everything IBT and I am anxious to hear your defense, but pleeeeeze, pleeeeeze don’t say the IBT is squeaky clean! I won’t even mention the indictments and convictions for embezzlement, etc over the past 20 years….you can read that on Yammer LOL. If you folks still want to give 1.5M+/year to this criminal outfit, I’m sure Cap’n Crunch will be more than happy to take and spend most of it. Seems like there is a growing number of folks I fly with thinking they should give the owners a CHANCE to run the company and not listen to the BS coming from the likes of GC et al.
Cheers,
WL19/Elvis/RH/Bigfoot

If you have any FACTS about anything the Local 1108 leadership is doing illegally, let the IRB know.
As far as giving the owners a CHANCE, the Options pilots did give the owners a chance and they squandered their opportunity to prove they would do the right thing. We lived thru it, but you are relying on what someone else told you.

BTW, you didn't deny that they are tracking the Flex pilots. Sounds like a return to the "productivity workshops". Options had to deal with that years ago, but the solidarity of the Options pilots put an end to that.

OK GC?.got my boots on now.

For all you IBT folks who don?t read anything that?s not VUH vetted, here is an excerpt from the Cleveland Dealer on the CURRENT IBT dealings.

CLEVELAND, Ohio ? An independent board is recommending that a trusteeship be imposed on a statewide International Brotherhood of Teamsters entity because it has been so poorly managed in the past.

The report by the Independent Review Board regarding the Ohio Conference of Teamsters depicts an organization that doesn't document expenditures and displays little interest in addressing the needs of union members.

The report says that the Conference spent at least 70 percent of union members' money "for the benefit of its officers, employees and other local officers." The Conference also spent funds without requiring approval, which is a violation of its bylaws, according to the report.

This is among the examples the report offers: "Without appropriate board approvals -- under the guise of some over half-century written agreement -- its officers spent 16 percent of revenues under an alleged retainer agreement to pay legal expenses locals' incurred to a select law firm in violation of the bylaws. In total, over 20 percent of its revenues annually flowed to this one law firm without required (Conference) board approval."

At the same time, the Conference spent nothing on programs or initiatives to educate its members, according to the report. The report said the Conference did not provide "statistical information to support the best possible service to the membership in collective bargaining, which were claimed objectives for its existence in its bylaws." The Conference also "failed to perform its specific obligation in its bylaws concerning retaining and reviewing collective bargaining agreements."

"It failed to follow basic financial controls that the constitution, its bylaws IBT (International Brotherhood of Teamsters) policies and federal labor laws imposed on it," the report states.

Now, I realize you fellows have an excuse for everything IBT and I am anxious to hear your defense, but pleeeeeze, pleeeeeze don?t say the IBT is squeaky clean! I won?t even mention the indictments and convictions for embezzlement, etc over the past 20 years?.you can read that on Yammer LOL. If you folks still want to give 1.5M+/year to this criminal outfit, I?m sure Cap?n Crunch will be more than happy to take and spend most of it. Seems like there is a growing number of folks I fly with thinking they should give the owners a CHANCE to run the company and not listen to the BS coming from the likes of GC et al.
Cheers,
WL19/Elvis/RH/Bigfoot

Warlord,

First of all, let's make one thing very clear here, you are NOT talking about the IBT Local 1108 that represents the pilots from Flight Options and TMC, although you are obviously hoping that people will infer that you are... nice try.

Secondly, I like that you think very optimistically, and the average salary negotiated by the IBT 1108 will be $137k/yr., for the approximately 700 pilots in the combined group, because that is what it would take to collect $1.5M in dues.... I hope you are right on this one. Scratch that, actually, I hope that turns out to be low.

Third, How much would it have cost DAC to pay the STIP?.... If I were to hazard a guess, I would say something north of $3M. And you want to imply that all teamsters are criminals and worse than Mr. Ricci?... nice try, again.

The Flex pilots have already given Mr. Ricci a chance, and he basically stole $3M+ from the pilot group (among other things), and now he is doing away with seniority, all with the threat of a union hanging over his head! What would he do if that threat was gone? The Flexjet pilots are smarter than that, so I am willing to bet that we never find out.

Last edited:
GC and 993:

I don’t know if DAC is tracking fuel usage or not…don’t care. I hardly ever go by their numbers simply because they are for a perfect world, not the one we fly in.

It matters not if the 1108 is “squeaky clean” or not for NOW. What I know is your DIRECT bosses run a criminal organization, and that you bow to their wishes.
And I know you send a proportion of every pilot’s hard-earned dues to this criminal organization, which will add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly…..are you OK with that?

I know when you started your campaign at Flexjet, you began by demonizing Deana and never looked back, trying to destroy reputations and demonize folks who see you for what you are. I know several FPOC folks that have tried to unionize for years and change of ownership gave them that opportunity. They have nearly destroyed the good working relationship we have had with management for many years. Apparently a few have even apologized to RH for being such a-holes…it’s just a game, right?

A lot of us are starting to realize better what the IBT is about….a well-oiled organization able to give the Big Lie, push hot-buttons, and create crisis where none exist. Workers at VW (AL) and Boeing(SC) have wised up and rejected them, and I hope we will as well.
WL

hey warlordy, do you recall what the feds said uncle had done when he fired those 3 flex pilots last january? Somethin' 'bout violating federal law? And you're throwing sticks at the IBT? Hah!

btw: great company examples. Isn't VW in trouble for rigging computers to falsify the emission data in the U.S.? And didn't boeing build a whole 'nother factory in "right to work" state South Carolina to avoid a union vote?

Robert Pinkas, Tab Keplinger and Brantley Capital Management (BCM) have been charged ?with securities fraud for overvaluing assets in an investment portfolio they manage in order to generate higher investment advisory fees,? according to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The SEC alleges that BCM, Pinkas and Keplinger ?substantially overstated the value of equity and debt investments in two failing private companies,? one of which was fractional-share operator Flight Options International (FOI), which ?was consistently losing millions of dollars.? Pinkas, managing general partner of Brantley Partners, said, ?The SEC?s conclusions are baseless?we had three outside valuations that confirmed our judgments. It is unfortunate and unfair that after years of investigation punctuated by long periods of dormancy, the SEC has now chosen to launch this action against me and BCM because of? two unsuccessful investments in one fund that had ten other successful investments. Even though FOI was unsuccessful for BCC, FOI is profitable and continues to be one of the leaders in its industry.? Keplinger elected to settle with the SEC and pay a $50,000 penalty. Brantley Partners is not financially involved with FOI.

These are Uncle's friends, in case you forgot.

GC and 993:

...It matters not if the 1108 is ?squeaky clean? or not for NOW. What I know is your DIRECT bosses run a criminal organization, and that you bow to their wishes.
And I know you send a proportion of every pilot?s hard-earned dues to this criminal organization, which will add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly?..are you OK with that?...
WL

Still living in the past I see, that stuff was 25+ years ago. I won't try to pretend that every local has been squeaky clean but the local 1108 is. FYI, just in case you haven't heard, the IBT national was released from 25 years of federal oversight for their past transgressions. http://www.wsj.com/articles/teamsters-25-years-of-federal-oversight-to-end-1421253695
And yes, I am perfectly OK with 25% of my dues going to IBT national, we get a lot of support for that money, and the three members of the FJPOC that Kenn Ricci illegally fired know exactly how important that support can be.

At least you answered the question 993. You support giving hundreds of thousands of dollars of the pilot's hard-earned dues to a known criminal organization that uses this money for their own personal pleasures and debauchery (read the above article posted 10-27-15 if you have forgotten the details). You are truly a financial genius.
WL

Latest resources

Back