• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlantic Bucks to make up for the STIP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About 330 dollars of my dues go to the national side all the rest stay in the local 1108. That is per year. It might be better to understate your position rather than overstate it! It would give you more credibility.

I calculated my contribution to national and came up with $350.06. A small price to pay when it was national that stood up to defend the Flex pilots wrongfully terminated by Uncle Kenn. Without national backing, we wouldn't be as strong as we are now.

OK GC?.got my boots on now.

For all you IBT folks who don?t read anything that?s not VUH vetted, here is an excerpt from the Cleveland Dealer on the CURRENT IBT dealings.

CLEVELAND, Ohio ? An independent board is recommending that a trusteeship be imposed on a statewide International Brotherhood of Teamsters entity because it has been so poorly managed in the past.

The report by the Independent Review Board regarding the Ohio Conference of Teamsters depicts an organization that doesn't document expenditures and displays little interest in addressing the needs of union members.

The report says that the Conference spent at least 70 percent of union members' money "for the benefit of its officers, employees and other local officers." The Conference also spent funds without requiring approval, which is a violation of its bylaws, according to the report.

This is among the examples the report offers: "Without appropriate board approvals -- under the guise of some over half-century written agreement -- its officers spent 16 percent of revenues under an alleged retainer agreement to pay legal expenses locals' incurred to a select law firm in violation of the bylaws. In total, over 20 percent of its revenues annually flowed to this one law firm without required (Conference) board approval."

At the same time, the Conference spent nothing on programs or initiatives to educate its members, according to the report. The report said the Conference did not provide "statistical information to support the best possible service to the membership in collective bargaining, which were claimed objectives for its existence in its bylaws." The Conference also "failed to perform its specific obligation in its bylaws concerning retaining and reviewing collective bargaining agreements."

"It failed to follow basic financial controls that the constitution, its bylaws IBT (International Brotherhood of Teamsters) policies and federal labor laws imposed on it," the report states.

Now, I realize you fellows have an excuse for everything IBT and I am anxious to hear your defense, but pleeeeeze, pleeeeeze don?t say the IBT is squeaky clean! I won?t even mention the indictments and convictions for embezzlement, etc over the past 20 years?.you can read that on Yammer LOL. If you folks still want to give 1.5M+/year to this criminal outfit, I?m sure Cap?n Crunch will be more than happy to take and spend most of it. Seems like there is a growing number of folks I fly with thinking they should give the owners a CHANCE to run the company and not listen to the BS coming from the likes of GC et al.
Cheers,
WL19/Elvis/RH/Bigfoot

Rick, why don't you and Jason talk and coordinate. You both look like as*es, You putting the article here, and Jason now putting a link to it in his email. I bet everybody in CGF about creamed their pants when that article came out. I bet their is a group email chain going around to all the higher ups telling them to reference this, please use this, reference this in all communications.

I don't know whats worse Rick, the fact you are taking on this fight for the fact that you don't want a union, or the fact that you think you are actually going to save your job. You are history after the New Year when the vote is over, either way it goes, you are gone. And that is good news, because you are spineless two face weasel.

Technically all perks and rewards belong to purchaser so what problem?

The fact we get keep our miles and Atlantic bucks is a generous gift so why care if they track they're generosity?

I calculated my contribution to national and came up with $350.06. A small price to pay when it was national that stood up to defend the Flex pilots wrongfully terminated by Uncle Kenn. Without national backing, we wouldn't be as strong as we are now.

I think your thinking about flops. No union yet at flex so how is it exactly they did anything for flex pilots? If your going to spin you're have to try harder.

Why keep talking about company you don't work at and doesn't want you? Please stay over in your hole. On one thing will agree the transfers are far below the standard what we have had here. My guess you are too.

Technically all perks and rewards belong to purchaser so what problem?

The fact we get keep our miles and Atlantic bucks is a generous gift so why care if they track they're generosity?

generous...until you get your 1099 for the as-mentioned atlantic bucks :p

I think your thinking about flops. No union yet at flex so how is it exactly they did anything for flex pilots? If your going to spin you're have to try harder.

Why keep talking about company you don't work at and doesn't want you? Please stay over in your hole. On one thing will agree the transfers are far below the standard what we have had here. My guess you are too.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Three Flex pilots get fired for no real reason and the ibt 1108 and national step up and pay for the lawyers to get them their jobs reinstated and you don't see that as helping Flex?

At least you answered the question 993. You support giving hundreds of thousands of dollars of the pilot's hard-earned dues to a known criminal organization that uses this money for their own personal pleasures and debauchery (read the above article posted 10-27-15 if you have forgotten the details). You are truly a financial genius.
WL

Again, that was 25+ years ago, please try to keep up and join those of us living in the present. In the very recent past, KR/DAC stole $3M+ dollars from the Flexjet pilots, and then illegally fired 3 pilots for organizing activities, which is a federally protected activity... go ask those FJPOC members that Kenn Ricci illegally fired if they think the 25% of the dues that go to national would be money well spent, then let us know what they think.

Last edited:
Might be going out on a limb here, 993, but I think even you know and understand the National Teamster’s (your direct bosses and the Organization you are under and support with pilot dues) was recommended last week (not 25+ years ago) to be put on Federal watch ‘cause, among other things, they spend most of pilot’s dues on themselves and other unsavory “causes”. But you’re OK with that, you say.

Your hyperbole(read BS) is pretty good 993, among the best on this string. Now, if you could just stick to the truth you might get some respect.

Lastly, could you give me some advice on how to spend our forthcoming bonus? Would the IBT recommend rejecting it because it’s a trick to get us to reject the union??….perhaps we should reject it because it won’t be in any forthcoming contract the union might negotiate(if the IBT is voted in) ….or perhaps your bosses might want us to send it to them directly so they could spend it “as they see fit.” Anyways, please advise quickly. There’s no telling what those evil b**tards in HQ are planning today to make our lives even more pathetic and chaotic….
WL...

Might be going out on a limb here, 993, but I think even you know and understand the National Teamster?s (your direct bosses and the Organization you are under and support with pilot dues) was recommended last week (not 25+ years ago) to be put on Federal watch ?cause, among other things, they spend most of pilot?s dues on themselves and other unsavory ?causes?. But you?re OK with that, you say.

Your hyperbole(read BS) is pretty good 993, among the best on this string. Now, if you could just stick to the truth you might get some respect.

Lastly, could you give me some advice on how to spend our forthcoming bonus? Would the IBT recommend rejecting it because it?s a trick to get us to reject the union???.perhaps we should reject it because it won?t be in any forthcoming contract the union might negotiate(if the IBT is voted in) ?.or perhaps your bosses might want us to send it to them directly so they could spend it ?as they see fit.? Anyways, please advise quickly. There?s no telling what those evil b**tards in HQ are planning today to make our lives even more pathetic and chaotic?.
WL...
Working the weekend, huh? Leaving your voice mail on a Saturday and posting to FI on a Sunday.

Latest resources

Back