• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlanta Winter Apocalypse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is all because of global warming... 1-3 inches south of Atlanta perdicted. Obama and Al Gore need to take note.

You should know that global warming is actually a very bad name for what is happening to the climate. The fact that there is increasingly more sever and extreme weather the more it proves that global "warming" is a real threat. Ignoring it and making fun of it will not make it go away.

Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ

More like global cooling.

701EV

I am still pumping lava through my veins in boiling anger at the brilliant moron who decided to add the date in TAF's further complicating and allowing for misinterpretation. Has to be the STUPIDEST idea in aviation history.

Last edited:
DL over reacts again. Airtran flew most of all flights yesterday.? Delta's folks were upsat in MIA when DL and AA flights all cancelled to ATL=Airtran Atlanta on time.

DL over reacts again. Airtran flew most of all flights yesterday.? Delta's folks were upsat in MIA when DL and AA flights all cancelled to ATL=Airtran Atlanta on time.

I blocked seven hours on a two hour flight...most of that at the DAL ice pad. Airtran seemed to be humming right along.

I blocked seven hours on a two hour flight...most of that at the DAL ice pad. Airtran seemed to be humming right along.

The deice pad is something else. JFK pushed at 11 and we counted 6 airplanes in front of us for deice. two hours later, we're still #6. the precip had stopped hours earlier, and yet I watched an Omni MD-11 get sprayed with Type I for over an hour. seemed like they were spraying the same sections over and over again, but wouldn't let him go.

they finally canceled us at 2:45 for deteriorating weather in JFK, but the crew would've timed out anyway.

ended up catching the first Airtran to BOS, with maybe 30 people on board. Got in no problem. DAL cancelled the first three flights inbound, and every outbound flight.

Good times.

Delta deicing could be described as nothing less than a complete failure in ATL last night. I had an hour and a half gate hold for deicing, and then had a three hour delay after taxi out. The sad part was that there were only about a dozen aircraft in front of us. There was only ONE deice truck operating for several hours, and for about half an hour not even that. At one point someone admitted that "nobody wanted the overtime." And the people who were deicing were nothing short of incompetent. Our plane took about 45 minutes to deice after they started.

We asked for wings and tail only and they spent 20 mins spraying us. The ASA plane next to us was getting sprayed for about a half hour

Latest resources

Back