Atlanta Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkiFishFly

What is Atlanta like for those who choose to commute to Atlanta?
Is there any particular area that is better for crashpads? Or are they scattered all over?
Anyone use the MARTA (I think that is what the train is called) or do people usually have their own car in Atlanta?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

There are different types of crashpads; it depends what you are looking for. You can find ones that are near enough to the hotels where you can walk to the crashpad from the hotel shuttle, or you can get a (usually) nicer pad for the same money that requires a car. You can go for a place where you will rarely see another pilot, or a place that is packed full of pilots and/or flight attendents.

You don;t say who you are going to work for, but at AirTran, you will see a bunch of pads listed on a board in the trianing center, and in the pilot mail room, and I am sure it is the same at the other ATL-based carriers.

If you're still lost, PM me, and I'll put you in touch with a few places.

I had a crash pad on MARTA and I really liked it. No car, no employee bus to ride on. It worked for me. Some people can't stand MARTA, I liked it. The only danger is getting in real late (after 1am) and missing the last train. When that happened, It was only a $10 cab ride.

Good luck.

I've always just hotel'd it.

Latest resources

Back