• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if the gas companies survived on a day to day basis a gas out would be conceivable. unfortunately thats just not how gas companies run their finances.

would you go bankrupt if your employer held your check back for one day? (do not answer this if you work for a regional :) )

414Flyer said:
You are welcome to tell us though how you think changing the day we buy gas in the US , will have a worldwide effect on the price of oil/gas and the supply of it.

If you want to do something beneficial, forget this stupid gas out crap.

Where in my post you saw that I'm up for a "gas out" please let me know. I'm just saying, after a previous poster, that it would have an effect. If you think that hundreds of thousands of gas stations, getting no business (fuel) for a day wouldn't have a serious impact, you better check supply and demand in ECO101, but, I almost didn't pass!

414Flyer said:
of it.

If you want to do something beneficial, forget this stupid gas out crap.

Tell people to car pool, ride bikes, walk, etc. It was looked upon as unpatriotic during WW2 to drive a car alone "When you drive alone, Hitler is riding with you".

Thats the difference, between that generation and ours, now its all about me, I gotta fill up my Navigator, F150, Expedition, FULL, before gas goes any higher...

Demand=same
Supply=low and even lower now.
Price= well yeah, you guessed it dont act surprised. and call it BS. Economics.

Hence "gas-out" days dont work.

There is no gas to be found here in south AL. Every once in a while a gas station will get power back and have gas, but it never lasts more than a few hours.

SouthTex said:
Ok I'm trapped at home. Where can I find gas in Atlanta under $5.00 a gallon. This is getting out of hand.
MKE is reporting gas station closings because they have no gas to sell and that some gas stations have reported that their tanker trucks have been turned away from fuel depots empty.

Organized crime is all it is. This crap is the biggest joke. We as comsumers can blame ourselves for this problem. Why the hell would the fat pocketed people at the oil companies want to have prices lowered, when we are willing to pay this kind of price for fuel.

We are a captive audience, and we have to watch this gawd awful show over and over again with no choice. Enjoy the raping, its gonna happen for a long time. And oh yea, no kisses or snuggling after its all said and done.

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
Buy one of those liberal electric cars.

I WISH.

Expensive, and impractical (especially in hot, hot PHX sun). And heck, a sizeable portion of electricitiy is produced by oil (duh) or coal (dirty) anyway, so you're just paying more for an inferior product.

Hydrogen? In addition to being unavailable (USA), same problems. Oil/coal to make the energy to separate hydrogen from water - - so it's not really any cleaner. This won't be practical until we start building nuclear reactors like crazy (aka FRANCE - ick) for power to produce hydrogen. That ain't gonna happen til gas is 10 bucks a barrel. - - or better yet, depleted.

What was this thread about again?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back