Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMBATP said:
newnan ga. $3.49/gallon....

What time of day was that? I drove around at 8:30 - 9:00 pm (in Newnan) and highest I saw was $3.09 - lowest $2.89. Granted, long lines and half of the stations are closed.

Remember the joke about mopeds and fat chicks? Well, the fat chick part is still true.

5 and 6 bucks a gallon eh? Buy a 1 gallon container-fill it half way (oh,say3bucks worth) stick a rag in the top, walk back in- Oh wait- you can't say s@#t like that any more... disregard all of the above.

Eat the rich...

Had this ugly thought of me at GITMO-and not in Marine fatigues..

FlyingDawg said:
One news station reported that the pipeline that supplies ATL was damaged and jetfuel is in short supply? Anyone able to back this up?

Yeah, the Colonial Pipeline, which runs from IAH to EWR is shut down. It serves airports like ATL, GSP, CLT, GSO, IAD, and the NYC area airports.
http://www.colpipe.com/ab_map.asp

SennaP1 said:
"Gas-Outs" yeah they don't work, those stupid emails FWDs

So what happens, you dont buy gas tomorrow, yet you still drive the same amount, RIGHT?

So the next day or the day after, you STILL have to pay to fill up, for the same, if not a higher price. Supply and Demand does not work on a 1 day "gas out" basis.

Yeah I cant believe how some people think that if we not buy gasoline on a certain day, that it will affect the worldwide prices of oil and wholesale gasoline.

If someone wants to have an effect, then conserve gasoline or use as little as possible.

414Flyer said:
Yeah I cant believe how some people think that if we not buy gasoline on a certain day, that it will affect the worldwide prices of oil and wholesale gasoline.

I can't believe that you think that a day when no one buys gas in the US (autos & trucks), wouldn't have a major effect. Won't happen so we'll never know.

Good point on starting to conserve!

Just don't buy from Exxon. Get it from BP or someone like that. They get thier oil from the north Atlantic. Not many hurricanes up there.

Of course, there are the iceburgs and $hit....

Go to http://www.gasbuddy.com to find the best (and worst) prices in your respective areas. I just got back home to MCO tonight and heard about the gas lines/shortages on local radio and was fortunate enough to hit a station with almost no waiting to tank up the Jetta TDI diesel. I'll be able to drive another couple months on that tank until things hopefully settle down.

Drove by several stations that were out of gas, and a lot with long lines. It's like I'm preparing for hurricane Charley/Jeane/Frances again!

I really feel sorry for everyone who's in flight training right now; boy are they about to take it in the shorts! Next thing you know, the company will try to get us certified for single-engine flight!!

Last edited:
BSkin said:
I can't believe that you think that a day when no one buys gas in the US (autos & trucks), wouldn't have a major effect. Won't happen so we'll never know.

Because it is completely something to make the person "feel good", while not actually doing anything real.

Is the amount of fuel being burned changing? No
Is demand being lowered. No.
Does it have any effect whatsoever on the prices of oil or wholesale gas? No.
Does it affect futures contracts on oil/gas? No.
Does it encourage conservation? No

Its a unfortunately part of internet life, where people today think they can change the world by sending chain letters and other stupid things, that actually have no real effect, require no substantial effort, and no sacrifice, but do serve to make the person feel better emotionally.

You are welcome to tell us though how you think changing the day we buy gas in the US , will have a worldwide effect on the price of oil/gas and the supply of it.

If you want to do something beneficial, forget this stupid gas out crap.

Tell people to car pool, ride bikes, walk, etc. It was looked upon as unpatriotic during WW2 to drive a car alone "When you drive alone, Hitler is riding with you".

Latest resources

Back