• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATL Tower Controllers are Upset With Me

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but wait the airplane wasn't on the ramp broken at ROA if you know the story - it flew out the next morning

Right.

BTW, is it just aviation urban legend or the truth.

The pilotresses that brought it in and broke it didn't tell anybody about it, just went to the hotel. No disciplinary action at all. The CA that flew it back the next morning was fired and out for a while till ALPA got him his job back?

Also, the plane was parked in a very dark corner, the FO didn't use a flashlight during an early morning pre-flight, along with the USAir paint job caused him to overlook the damage that occurred.

Again, just asking is those were some of the facts from the incident.

BTW, LAX controllers can so a pretty crappy job of managing traffic as well as coordinating with tower as well.

We do not mess with flow control or the landing order, once we are off the runway we only taxi safe. We also do not mess with or want to burden any other airline. The controllers in ATL are the best and they understand.

Last edited:
I don't think we're getting the whole story here. How did the controller get decertified? Did they lose separation? I don't think making an airplane or two go around would cause that to happen.
Just watched a story on Channel 2 news in atlanta about the 8 ATC "incidents" in the ATL area for august. Controllers issuing "bad" clearances....their union says the "new" guys are not trained well enough and the faa has cut back too far on the number of controllers...not any mention of ACEY "playing" on the runway.

That being said, don't play on the runway. Take the highspeeds if able. Once your off, taxi SAFE.... If delta crews are in a hurry, they should have left early enough to get there before me and not have to taxi so safely.

The pilotresses that brought it in and broke it didn't tell anybody about it, just went to the hotel. No disciplinary action at all. The CA that flew it back the next morning was fired and out for a while till ALPA got him his job back?

I think she was fired and had all her certificates pulled, needed a 409 ride to get them back.:eek:

Anyone know where she's at now?

Well, not taking any side or anything. But a controller in ATL just got decertified 5 days a go, because an ACEY aircraft the "slowest one" took the whole runway 10 to land and roll out. Two planes behind him had to go missed. The controller got into trouble for that one. He is decertified and has to go through re-certification. I know, I know all of you are going to argue when I am on the runway- the runway is mine. But keep in mind this could turn to something really really bad. The controllers are pro about ACEY's flying and taxing safely, but all of the ACEY's need to help the controllers out too.

One incident gets a someone DECERTIFIED? ...As stated before there is CHAIN of events. I doubt ONE long roll out(for what EVER reason) did not get some one DECERTIFIED. There is more to the story and if you want to talk about roll outs...would some one please tell AMERICAN what the brakes are for.:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back