ATL security... great job!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't get it

If she got through screening in Atl, then when was she resreened and the gun found ? was she connecting to some other city ? Random search at gate ?

I heard on the news that she left the secure area and then tried to re-enter and that is when they found it.

This is for Shawn C.

Shawn C.

Try not to make personal attacks especially when you don't know what you are talking about. If you would have read my profile you'd see that I was not furloughed from Gulfstream, nor did I ever pay to get a job. Don't try and make this into a PFT discussion.

For others interested the TSA is hiring (not just screeners), although most of the higher level jobs are filled or will be filled shortly. The TSA has been instructed to give preference to veterans (all Fed govt jobs give Veterans preference) and then furloughed air carrier employees, and then the public, in that order.

I got a job back with TSA (not with the screening division) in Nov that is paying me over $44,000 a year. Not great, but better than many jobs for furloughed pilots. Many screener supervisors will make $35,000-$56,000 a year. It beats Wal-Mart, and you may actually help improve the system that you'll be complaining about the rest of your career.

Go to monster.com if interested and search for Transportation Security Administration

Re: This is for Shawn C.

Originally posted by Flydaplane
Shawn C. Try not to make personal attacks especially when you don't know what you are talking about. If you would have read my profile you'd see that I was not furloughed from Gulfstream, nor did I ever pay to get a job. Don't try and make this into a PFT discussion.
Easy does it, sir. I don't know you or Shawn, but I didn't interpret his post as an attack on anybody. I think he was just joking--somewhat lamely--that furloughed ATP's who found themselves as security screeners might be tempted to make trouble for other pilots they had a problem with...like a former F/O who strip-searches a senior captain who happens to be a real S.O.B...or any former Delta guy giving an anal probe to a Comair guy with an RJDC decal on his flight bag.

Anyway, that's what I got out of it. He wasn't after you. (I don't think he likes Gulfstream pilots, though...)

Umm it was a joke. I was mocking some of the things that are going on in the industry right now.

Now as far as PFT, and Gulfstream, I don't like it, but mostly I was just using it as part of the joke. Since Gulfstream is seen by many as a PFT airline.

Latest resources

Back