Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chperplt

Woman Detained After Allegedly Carrying Gun

PHILADELPHIA — The FBI was investigating a woman detained at Philadelphia International Airport after she allegedly arrived aboard a flight from Atlanta with a handgun Sunday, police said.

Airport security officers stopped the woman and found she was carrying a .357 Magnum handgun, Philadelphia police spokeswoman Officer Maria Ibrahim said.

The woman was taken into custody and was being interviewed by the FBI, which was handling the case.

FBI spokeswoman Linda Vizi did not immediately return telephone messages seeking comment.

And just think, Beverly Harvard is the new deputy chief of airport security now. Her background consists of former chief of Atlanta police. Her job consisted of nodding her head in agreement with former chief crook and mayor, Bill Campbell. Prior to that her police experience consisted of being the police driver for mayor Maynard Jackson. I just wanted all of you to know how secure Atlanta will be with that experience

Hey Wildbill:

You been listening to Boortz too? God help us when they appoint these bozos to these important positions!:mad:

Regards,
RightBettor

That's what I was thinking. Where did she get on the first flight? Since they didn't catch her with it until her connecting flight. Way to go.

That settles it, I am gonna start carrying my finger nail clippers again!!!! (oh wait.....they took my last 3 pair.....WAY TO GO GUYS!)

I am furloughed.... I discovered that the TSA is looking for security screeners at the airport in my area. So I applied and have an upcoming "assesment." I will soon be a screener and will be able to find out what in the world they are teaching. They keep saying "no profiling" but yet from what I experienced it was the flight crews who were being profiled as the threat since we are in uniform. If this is what they say during my training I will be danged if I will scrutinize a flight crew and let the "you know whos" cruise right through... Airlines need to profile, the Gov/TSA needs to profile, and quit playing bingo and spending gov dollars searching 80yr old women because they were picked at random.

-soon to be screener,
a furloughed pilot

canadflyau said:
I am furloughed. I discovered that the TSA is looking for security screeners at the airport in my area...I applied and...I will soon be a screener...
You don't have any idea how much it p_sses me off that there are 3,000 pilots out of work while these bozos in security still have their jobs.

A furloughed pilot joining the TSA? Now if that's not poetic justice, I don't know what is! Maybe the feds should have kicked out all the old screeners and put furloughed pilots in their place...I'd have voted for that. And a lot of you guys probably would be making better money!

Three cheers, Canadflyau!

They are still looking for another 15000 of the best and brightest (even though they are touting that they are 37%fem, and 37% minority.) Those kind of measurements are real important post 9/11 when what we need is better security practices... I hope some other furloughees take some spots as well. (It pays around 30K base salary.) Hopefully I will meet the gender and racial requirements that are so important to raise the bar.

They'd love to have you.

As a furloughed pilot and a current TSA member you should know that no one is instructed to profile anyone, especially crew members. Crew members are also not supposed to be subjected to random screening.
TSA is hiring and if you are a furloughed air carrier employee you will be given preferential treatment.....so quit complaining and go get a job and try to make it better.

"Your a flight crew member? Which airline?"
"Gulfstream eh? Get in that line... Heads up strip search time we have a PFT coming your way."

:D

It would be funny to watch a TSA checkpoint with all furloughed pilots at it.

Latest resources

Back