• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATL Delays, Delays, Delays.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used to work for ASA and I bought a ticket on Delta with a connection via Atlanta. I told myself not to do it but I did. Well, I am batting 100% on being delayed, I was in the back but as soon as we took off from Memphis the power was pulled back (I was in seat 38E on the MD-88 so I could tell), we flew circles in the sky, etc. Of course you land and it take 20 minutes to get to a gate. My connection to DFW was late. First it was late arriving aircraft then mx. The flight was packed out and it looked like a lot of non-revs. Of course all the old Delta pilots and non-revs take all the overhead bins and the paying customers have to check their bags in. I had to dig in my bag to get my important documents out of my carry on so I can check my bags. I used to work in ATL and you can not trust the rampers to get your bags on board. I thought there was a policy that non-revs were suppose to gate check their bags, I used to when the flights were full out of respect to the paying customers.

All this was with perfectly clear weather. I will never fly Delta again with a connection in Atlanta. Also, as a paying full fare customer it really made me mad seeing all the Delta pilots on the flight taking all the overhead bins when I know they have IDs and could walk there flight bags and luggage down to the cargo bin. They just did not care. Hopefully I can make it back to Memphis tomorrow. I will dirve 100 miles more in the future and take an American flight out of LIT than fly Delta out of ATL.

I do not understand what Delta was thinking putting that many flights into ATL.

Latest resources

Back