Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saabtrash

I suck.
Taking the lady to Aruba at the end of the week, gotta connect through Atlanta, and there is a good chance we will have to spend the night there, Mesaba stays at the Courtyard by Marriot South, and they don't think they can give me the crew rate for some dumb reason. Just looking for help from some commuters that know of a decent place that is close to the airport...with a shuttle of course. I'd post this in the travel/hotel section, but I don't know that anybody looks at it that much!

Sheraton Gateway has (or had at least as of last summer) a crew rate. Not the cheapest one out there but a nice hotel anyway and close to the airport for those early morning departures.

Go to Priceline.com and bid for a hotel in the airport zone. Start with a 4* and bid a price of $47. There is a good chance that you'll get the Marriott. If that doesn't work, bid a 3* for $35, and you'll probably get the Courtyard Airport South. Remember, the rate is non-refundable.

Whenever I need to stay over in ATL I always stay at the Clarion Inn off Old National Hwy.
Respectable place, $55.00 rate, free breakfast, and they usually will give you the crew rooms.

As a commuter I and many other ASA, DAL, AirTran pilots/FAs use the Sleep Inn as mentioned earlier. Cold breakfast, Ruby Tuesday adjacent. Clean hotel, and safe. Shuttle runs every half hour. About $47 w/ tax.

Hoser
ROLL TIDE!

Taking the lady to Aruba at the end of the week, gotta connect through Atlanta, and there is a good chance we will have to spend the night there, Mesaba stays at the Courtyard by Marriot South, and they don't think they can give me the crew rate for some dumb reason. Just looking for help from some commuters that know of a decent place that is close to the airport...with a shuttle of course. I'd post this in the travel/hotel section, but I don't know that anybody looks at it that much!

Good luck getting there and back. Since the merger be ready to be like number 60 on the stand by list.. Especially if you are coming from and going back to MSP. The company has at lest 10 to 15 positive space employees on damn near every flight. I would seriously consider buying a ticket if you truly want to make it.

Well, we have confirmed tickets to and from ATL, the non reve portion is just Aruba...so hopefully well be ok! I was actually kicking myself for wasting my "free" tickets I had on an ATL flight, but now I'm glad I did!

Latest resources

Back