• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am curious, can you post:

What is your total TURBINE flight time?

What is your total TURBINE PIC time?

How many, and on what, type ratings do you have?

Just....let...it...go.

I'm done.

I do have a serious beef with SOME ATL controllers, when you get under class B it's 200 kts and ATL will be the first to come after you when you go above it! There have been many times coming from the West to land at KPDK when I get under class B and slow to 200kts the controller will ask my speed and once I say 200 kts. they will say, " you were number one, now your going to be in line." Well, make up your mind, what do you want to see. NY, LA, DFW, and CHI want fast and they shut their mouth when you do it for them!!!

Exactly....

I've been snapped at for both, over and under 200kts in the ATL area. What I really like is when I'm on a descent path that goes through both the B and the underlying E and then back through the B again. Not that I mind too much being snapped at, but when it starts to sound like official paperwork getting filed in the background, I get a little irritated.... Especially since I go through all the effort to dig out the 10-1 plate....

I didn't intend to detract from the initial compliment. I think the world of both tracon and artcc. I was just hoping that maybe an ATL controller could shed some light on the situation. Thanks.

Last edited:
Exactly....

I've been snapped at for both, over and under 200kts in the ATL area. What I really like is when I'm on a descent path that goes through both the B and the underlying E and then back through the B again. Not that I mind too much being snapped at, but when it starts to sound like official paperwork getting filed in the background, I get a little irritated.... Especially since I go through all the effort to dig out the 10-1 plate....

I didn't intend to detract from the initial compliment. I think the world of both tracon and artcc. I was just hoping that maybe an ATL controller could shed some light on the situation. Thanks.

Yes, this was well known at the fractional that I used to fly for, so much so, that nearly every crew discussed it anytime we were anywhere near the ATL terminal area.

A few others that I remember were MSP and their special treatment to NW, and SFO and thier charted visual approaches that might as well be an Instrument approach.

I am curious, can you post:

What is your total TURBINE flight time?

What is your total TURBINE PIC time?

How many, and on what, type ratings do you have?

Also, what day, month and year did you start flying? How much total time in each type? Exactly how many times have you been in bad wx? Also can you fax me a copy of your FAA License and medical. Also i will need to see all of your training records as well.

seriously....who cares?

Heh, I see that you're trying to show appreciation, that's cool. But this reminds me...there's always something amusing when pilots will say "nice work" or "good job" or some such to a controller right before they get shipped. As if the pilot had a gauge/grasp on the complexity of the traffic at the time, haha.
Things are ALWAYS less complicated at groundspeed zero. The ATL guys and gals are alright. Up there with the London MIL folks, almost. Happy New Year!

Just....let...it...go.

I'm done.
C'mon, ya gotta answer the challenge. We got bets out here in Fantasy FlightInfo as to whether you've flown any airplanes with a gear handle.

C'mon, ya gotta answer the challenge. We got bets out here in Fantasy FlightInfo as to whether you've flown any airplanes with a gear handle.

I'm currently attending ComAir Academy. I got two stripes, buddy, and I know what I'm talking about!

Latest resources

Back