• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI signed a new TA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As with all things, it's not so simple. But the basics include that the company actually announced before the contract vote deadline that 16 PFEs would be laid off on Nov 28 in association with DC-8 crew reductions (the affected pilots were absorbed into the 767). Voting the TA in helped secure those PFEs some payback for their accumulated sick time before they hit the street. In my mind, that's the only sensible reason this thing was ratified. There are some good things in the scheduling section, some things that were disliked were removed, and current employees retain current medical (pretty good and inexpensive plan these days) until Dec 31, 2012. But in the end, I am a bit disgusted with the pay and with the "performance bone-us" that got smaller with this TA, and was in my opinion too small even before in the previously rejected one. I'd love to see how much was wasted on F&H fees over the years. Those $$$ certainly could have gone to much better use, regardless of whether our own pockets were involved. Anyway, it all goes back on the table in only two years.

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion. For those of you here who are so freely critical of our situation, by all means come sit with us across the table from the jackals at F&H next time.

Fun...doesn't pay the mortgage and put food on the table!! This is the BS answer you get when someone signs off on a crap contract because there are no balls!!! "I can think of a lot worse places to work"... this kind of thinking is what keeps wages in the toilet!!! The last few years Kalitta, Southern and Atlas have all gotten better contracts.. not perfect but greatly imoproved deals and Evergreen had the balls to tell mgt. "piss off" on a lousy deal!!
Now the next group will have to hear how the ATI guys took one in the shorts lowering the bar when they are in talks... but hey " It's the most fun I've ever had flying". Being broke and getting lousy pay in exchange for making some people rich while they own you on the road...it's a great time!! This is the kind of thinking that puts this industry in the toilet for it's workers and keeps the bar low. Figures ALPA is involved. "Big Pimpin"...you are being pimped out...and helping to take the rest of us along!
I fly with some of the best crews out there as well,... and they want to be paid
accordingly!!

Don't we both fly for Atlas? And u accuse me of being pimped out? If we fly for the same company and I'm being pimped out; well, using your logic, doesn't that mean u r being pimped out too? Well, I would never say that to you or anyone else, just not my style.

If u took a second and read some of my highly critical posts on the atlas contract, I think u would see that not in the lowering the bar mindset you accuse me of and actually quite the opposite and was simply responding to an ignorant post that ATI is a miserable place to work. I took offense to the comment that it's a miserable place to work as some of my best friends fly there and I think highly of the ATI crews. I wasn't even addressing their new contract.

Don't we both fly for Atlas? And u accuse me of being pimped out? If we fly for the same company and I'm being pimped out; well, using your logic, doesn't that mean u r being pimped out too? Well, I would never say that to you or anyone else, just not my style.

If u took a second and read some of my highly critical posts on the atlas contract, I think u would see that not in the lowering the bar mindset you accuse me of and actually quite the opposite and was simply responding to an ignorant post that ATI is a miserable place to work. I took offense to the comment that it's a miserable place to work as some of my best friends fly there and I think highly of the ATI crews. I wasn't even addressing their new contract.

I spend very little time on here...and I don't know who everyone is or where they work ( and don't care to). Your post made it sound like you are at ATI and the quote you were responding about and in the manner you responded made it sound as if "Oh well so we got a low ball contract, there's worse places to be". I worked at an airline that the negotiators made the exact same "Laissez Faire" statements after signing off a new contract. We also heard ********************e from a lot of crews at other carriers because of it. A lot of us voted with our feet after. I didn't say there weren't problems with the new contracts at the carriers I stated but there were improvements, compared to past deals. Comair got a descent contract that ended up nullified and worthless after other regionals took contract hits. I also believe SWA is going down this road soon as well with the letters Kelly has been sending out over there. At Atlas, Kalitta and a few others I am sure the management personnel will be looking at ATI's contract and coming up with ideas for the future. At Atlas the scope is worthless (as I am sure you know) who's to say they wouldn't take their money and buy a small carrier that signed off on a lousy contract and use it for a whipsaw.
I will never say in this profession "Oh well there are worse places to work" after taking a "low ball" deal. Yea there are times I feel pimped...like when getting a 90 hour line and all of a sudden a scheduler figures out, that's overtime and parks you off pattern. But on the upside I am getting some money for the time sitting on the road or days home in lieu of it.
It is absolutely nothing personal when I wrote about you (as an ATI pilot) being pimed out. It just makes me furious when carriers take "bad" or concessionary deals, with virtually no improvement after years of negotiating...all it does is make it harder for carriers to get better contracts in the future and for those that have the most desirable contracts tougher to hold on to them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back