Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there a phone interview? Filling out the app now

Just be careful. ATI has a high ratio of wash ups during training

I wouldn't guess ATI's fail rate is any higher than other comparable airlines with similar equipment. Most applicants with experience in older airliners of this size that you actually "fly" shouldn't have any problems.
It's the kid that's only flown RJ's that would more than likely wash out.

I talked to one of the pilots today. Sounds like a really nice place to work. Hopefully I can get on with them someday. I am looking forward to that day.

I talked to one of the pilots today. Sounds like a really nice place to work.

It's not bad, depending on what you're willing to put up with. Better than being a commuter/regional pilot, but not near as good as FedEx, UPS, etc... However, they are now owned by ABX. I'm sure this has already been said, but they're still being ran by P. Fox and his cohort, C. Chorley. (CHI purchased ATI over a year ago). Even though ABX owns them, they will be operated separately and any contract negotiations will be with the current mgmt; not ABX mgmt. They have very nice DC-8's and the crews are super.

I just spoke with an RJ capt who is in our March 17 class. I don't know if that class is full, but it was mentioned that we are looking at perhaps up to 60 more this year. Totally unsubstantiated number, but it wouldn't surprise me. I believe that once the 767s start coming on line (and once we figure out exactly what we're going to do with them), we'll suddenly need people yesterday. The DC-8s aren't going anywhere any time soon other than where we operate them. Fuel and other operations costs are high, but before our sister company CAM bought them, the lease rates were dirt cheap, and now that they're owned by CAM, they're still relatively cheap to use overall. Applications are online at www.airtransport.cc and the window will be open for a while this time as opposed to the week or two thing we've done in the past.

Is the window still open, I am trying to complete an app I started a few weeks ago but it wont let me!!

We were told the application window would stay open until this summer and it's still listed. If you're having problems accessing the application there is a link on the application login page for applicantharbor.com. Maybe they can help you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back