ATI grounded ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jurasicpilot

I heard it was something about engine fires (on CFM's ????) with in flight shut downs. Not typical

Once you ATI guys figure it out dont be shy about it. Lots of CFM's out there and inquiring minds want to know. I assume its the CFM because you guys retired the 60's a while back I think.

We've been plagued by false fire warnings that have lead to engine shutdowns. The Fire loops have been replaced with repeat occurrences on the same engines. ATI grounded the 70's fleet voluntarily to try to find a solution to the problems. Hopefully they will find the solution soon...

Sounds like they are using -5a or later parts etc on a CFM56-2. I wish there were some mx guys on here.

We have not grounded our 60 series Combi's. They are gainfully employed doing AMC flying. The one 72 series
Combi we own is currently in C Check...The other 72 Combi is in storage for an indefinite period.(no engines)

Hopefully not. After scrambling fire trucks at major airports all over the world the company now realizes there is a problem and is throwing all their resources at it. I don't think the FAA or BAX will tolerate many more of these particular issues. The military is more tolerant (they have C-17s after all).

How many airframes are affected by this?

We have 13 -71s. Interesting possibility that an incorrect but similar part could be the culprit. The focus has been on the condition of the loops themselves and on bad connections. We won't shut down because of this.

Latest resources

Back