ATC-Pay by Click???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Newpilot2b

Rumor has it that ATC gets extra pay per click on the mike??? Herd that NTSB records every click/word spoken and the more "busy" the more pay or funding for that ATC facility????
Any truth?

I can see the overzealous and unnecessary speed adjustments and vectors...bad bad bad idea....surely this can't be true.

Next thing you know each handoff will request a PIREP just to make that extra $$.

Yeah....no kidding. AT ORD, we try to do everything in as few of transmissions as possible. If I were paid by clicks it would go something like this...
"American 1244 are you ready for an immediate?" yup "American 1244 angle through the pad you'll go right out." "American 1244 runway 22L position and hold" "American 1244 fly the runway heading remain this frequency runway 22L cleared for takeoff" "American 1244 turn left heading 140" "American 1244 contact departure 118.27" 6 transmissions for a takeoff and contact departure....mmmmmm how bout this, "American 1244 angle through the pad keep it rolling, turn left heading 140 runway 22L cleared for take off" I wish I got paid for the least amount of transmissions, then things would be nice and simple.

Latest resources

Back