"ATC explain yourself, over"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big Beer Belly said:
We need Reagan to slap the big egos down again!

You know, I'm a Reagan "slap-ee" -- and even I think you're an idiot.

81Horse said:
You know, I'm a Reagan "slap-ee" -- and even I think you're an idiot.
Let's see ... we have a thing called a LAW. You knew it before you became a controller. It said you cannot shut down the entire US air system because you didn't get your way in contract talks (i.e., you cannot have a nationwide temper tantrum and hold the country hostage). Reagan warned you... you puffed out your chests and the rest is history.

You made a foolish decision. Be a man and own up to it.

BBB

Big Beer Belly said:
Be a man and own up to it.

I am. I do. I have -- for a very long time.

Now, you be a man, and quit dissin' our compadres on the other end of the microphone; they're doing the best they can with what they've got to work with (including way, way more bonehead pilots than there used to be). As far as I can tell, the job hasn't improved in the last 25 years.

And BTW, I didn't make a foolish decision. I knew what I was doing.

81Horse said:
And BTW, I didn't make a foolish decision. I knew what I was doing.
If it wasn't foolish, then what did you gain? You said you knew what you were doing ... what exactly WERE you doing then? Quitting your job while under a spotlight? What exactly did you gain? What did you prove? Should the US public be sympathetic to your extortionist plight? I'm glad you had your arses handed to you ... talk about out of control egos!

BBB

Big Beer Belly said:
If it wasn't foolish, then what did you gain? You said you knew what you were doing ... what exactly WERE you doing then? Quitting your job while under a spotlight? What exactly did you gain? What did you prove? Should the US public be sympathetic to your extortionist plight? I'm glad you had your arses handed to you ... talk about out of control egos!

BBB
Military? You are just pissed Uncle Sam signs fatter checks for the guys behind the scope....

gkrangers said:
Military? You are just pissed Uncle Sam signs fatter checks for the guys behind the scope....
Military? I'm a 121 captain at one of the highest paying airlines... try again little man.

A law was in place. You broke it. You had a "hissy-fit" then and now because your HUGE EGO believes you are ABOVE the law!

You made a foolish, huge-ego, poor decision. End of story.

BBB

Big Beer Belly said:
Military? I'm a 121 captain at one of the highest paying airlines... try again little man.

A law was in place. You broke it. You had a "hissy-fit" then and now because your HUGE EGO believes you are ABOVE the law!

You made a foolish, huge-ego, poor decision. End of story.

BBB
Profile, but besides that, it was a shot in the dark at being intentionally inflammatory.

You sound like one of those bend over and like it types tho.

gkrangers said:
Profile, but besides that, it was a shot in the dark at being intentionally inflammatory.

You sound like one of those bend over and like it types tho.

Now you're sounding homosexual... I'm out of here. Hope you're making better decisions these days with that big ego.

BBB

BBB, the only person around here that seems to have an oversized ego is you. Just food for thought.

Oh, and yes, I have been told in how many miles I can expect a turn. Here in Socal on a vector to an ILS, I recall being told that I'd be turned back towards the localizer in such-and-such miles.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back