• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ata

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone give me details of ATA's poicy on resigning your seniority if you are furloughed from another carrier??? Right now I'm laid-off from United and wouldn't give up my seniority. Also, do they still have training contracts???

Any fuloughees that have been hired by ATA please chime in. Just curious as to how it all works there.

I'm an ATA 737-800 new hire in class with a Sun Country furloughee, and I didn't hear him talk about being forced to resign his seniority. I imagine that if you are early on the recall list you might get a hard look, but the 24 month $24,000 training contract would probably satisfy the company about any sport hires.

Sun Country up and running

Sun Country is up and running, flying 2 B727's and 4-5 B737-800's.

New group of investors bought Sun Country from the Lamachia's, or should I say Lamafia's.

Resignation of seniority number required

I am a furlough US Air guy who is starting the Jul 29th class at ATA. I was instructed last week that I had to prove to ATA that my resignation letter was sent to US Air before I can start class. They will verify this with a follow up call to US Air. In fact, I found out that they even called US Air prior to my interview to check and see if they would honor resignation letters. So the answer is yes you have to resign your number. It was pretty much a no brainer for my situation. Looks like the furlough could go even deeper for AAA.

Just one more week of this Mr. mom stuff.

Just leaning a little forward in the straps I guess. Lets not wait till Mon to see each other I will buy the first round Sunday evening!

Lets not wait till Mon to see each other I will buy the first round Sunday evening!

I guess that means I'll have to buy the last 9 rounds?

You guys will fit right in on the L1011. One word of advice. Don't try to out drink the engineers. They're professionals...

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back