Ata?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

habubuaza

What's the latest with ATA? I hear they returned a few 737's and a 757 was repo'd. Does anyone know if this is true?

There were some ATA guys interviewing in DEN for Kalitta Air last week.

habubuaza said:
What's the latest with ATA? I hear they returned a few 737's and a 757 was repo'd. Does anyone know if this is true?

This may be old news, but Continental is getting 8 of the ATA 757's in late spring or early summer.

PS no pilots.

disclaimer: second hand info - i work for neither ATA or CAL.

I read a couple of news releases about daily service beginning in early June from PHX to Maui & HNL...currently only 2 flights fly per week from PHX to either location, the increase goes to 6 per week next month & then up to daily in June. Also new non-stop flights from LAS-HNL I believe will also start in June.

Certainly would look like folks from HNL or folks flying into PHX or LAS on SWA will be able to code-share to HNL or Maui starting at some point in the future. Currently the only city allowing connections is MDW.....with the announcement that the former SWA CFO is being moved from an interim leadership position to a permanent position, the likelihood to some would be that SWA will announce further code share cities soon....they had hinted at such a month or so ago....I've heard the code sharing is further along in terms of revenue for both parties than had been anticipated....again don't sell the house or buy stock....rumor stuff only...good luck to all the ATA folks & CE folks who have had to weather this storm. The hope is to get ATA back up on its own, as Gary Kelly has said, sell the stock at a profit & move on. We all hope it does.

When is this going to transpire?

It already has begun. MX is putting the correct engines back on the A/C and out they go. I believe Colgan might be taking some pretty soon as well.

Latest resources

Back