• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ata-ygbsm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmm, just thinking It would be nice if C8 could combine with Shuttle America in FWY, they are in a small boat in a big lake as well, it just seemed to me that maybe these to could get together due to similar acft, markets and proximity to each other, wonder if Wexford Cap has thought about this?

Good luck to you folks, hope the road gets brighter for you...

SWA is responsible for the shutdown of C8.....another reason I don't want to go there.[/QUOTE]

Megadeth,

No ATA and their goon management will be responsible for the shutdown, if it happens. WN came to ATA with rules to play by and no TP's were part of the deal. Although I feel for you, saying you don't want to go to SWA is a moot point. There are only about ten thousand applicants ahead of you.

capt. megadeth said:
SWA is responsible for the shutdown of C8.....another reason I don't want to go there.

If the model worked, it would not be failing. If C8 could fly, and make money without ATA then they would. You can't blame ATA for the demise of C8, nor Southwest. As far as turboprops, I have flown them so it's not a slam. It's just the fact that this is the same stuff I always see on this board, WE make money, the mainline does not. Us against YOU, YOU against US. I went to Southwest because I loved the fact of the independence of no feed, and no codeshare. Well one out of two, but the ATA pilots are a great group. As far as you finding another reason you don't want to go to Southwest, I would be glad to give you a few more.

TAZ MAN said:
Just like would have sooner if Airtran would have had its way. :rolleyes:

Yes, you are correct. At least with the SWA deal we have a chance (albeit a slim one) of making it.

BTW, if you were baiting me into a flame war, I'm not biting. If you weren't, I apologize for assuming as much.

The point about the whole C8 situation is that we were a well run small turboprop operator. Our management was told for the better part of a year that " we love you guys, you're an important part of our business plan, we want the feed, blah blah blah". Ata management thwarted more than a few attempts at expansion at C8 over the past year. I'm tired of hearing about how our only reason for existing was because of the awesome vision of ata management. Ata is not the only airline that has turboprop feed. Over the past year our airline MAY have been able to take advantage of other business plans. ONE example would have been the 17 Saab operation that Colgan just picked up in houston. Shuttle america with united. Corporate airlines with AA etc. etc. I'm not saying we would have recieved any of these feed agreements, I'm just pointing out that they are out there. We would have been very competitive against these operators. Too late now I guess. I have many friends over at big ata, you guys are all a class act. This post was directed at the "if it wasn't for us, you'd be..." crowd. C8 was around before ata bought them and with any luck they might be around after, in some form. You never know when YOU'RE the one hitting the street.

With what airplane would ATA go to Europe out of Midway? I don't see how that's operationally feasible.

Latest resources

Back