ATA to interview again in November

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Race Pilot

I just wanted to let everyone know that during our first day of indoc today, it was announced that ATA expects to interview again the second week of November. They have not called anyone yet for these interviews. They will probably do so in the next two weeks. If your app is in just stay by the phone. Please don't call the folks in the Chief Pilot office as they are extremely busy and calls will only slow down the process for everyone. If you don't have your app in it's probably too late for this round but there will be more to follow. The rumor of 124 new pilots to be hired is true. Of course all is subject to change in this new world we're in. Good luck to all!! By the way, not sure of future class make ups at this point. Will be the first to put it out there if I here something from a reliable source.

Hope you won't mind a quick question. I had sent in a resume and got an application back within a couple weeks - is that a good sign? Wasn't sure if it just means you meet their minimums or if they are potentially interested in talking to you later. I had heard that you wouldn't hear a thing unless you had someone on the inside, but wasn't sure if that held true after the app went in or when you send in the original resume! I've heard good things about ATA, but any other insights/comments/advice greatly appreciated!!

If you got an app without a recommendation it means that they are interested in your qualifications. Pilots who simply meet the stated minimums will get an app IF their resume is accompanied by a recommendation from an ATA pilot, but the un - recommended minimums are much higher.

Get busy filling out the app, but take your time with the essay questions. The decision to interview you is based largely on your responses to the essay questions. You have made it to the first checkpoint by getting the app, don't get off track by not taking the composition of the app seriously.

... And to repeat what had been stated here before - it doesn't really matter if you hand write the app as long as it is legible. If your handwriting suks, get it typed. If you know ANYBODY flying for ATA (unless they are serial troublemakers), get them to write you a recommendation and enclose it with your app.

Finally, understand that you ARE competitive. ATA has hired a lot of RJ Captains recently, and they have done very well in training. Good luck, bud.

P.S. to Race Pilot: By the way, Bill, keep up the stream of hiring rumors you get while in Indy. I've got a bunch of ex - Vanguard homies waiting on calls for interviews who are busting my ba11s on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Will do Kevin, having a lot of fun so far. We've got a great class of half 737 and have L10 FOLKS. Just riding the wave right now :D

Latest resources

Back