ATA recall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fubar

Has anyone heard the numbers on the ATA recall? What airplanes and what bases? A few AirTran pilots said they will be leaving since they were captains at ATA and the pay isn't the greatest at AirTran for FO's.

Has anyone heard the numbers on the ATA recall? What airplanes and what bases? A few AirTran pilots said they will be leaving since they were captains at ATA and the pay isn't the greatest at AirTran for FO's.

Are you kidding? Not a smart move in my opinion. ATA's overall outlook not neary as stable as AT.

ATA most junior capt 96 hire 11th year 737 123.00 per hour

Airtran less than 3 year upgrade 6th year 717/737 123.00 per hour

I remember when AT hired some comair guys during the strike of 01, after the strike some went back. They wanted their left seat and seniority. Those guys would be making almost double now as captains here.

Yea but what kind of life can you live if you commute to ATL?
Not ever thing is about the dollar. but we can all be bought I suppose.

I commute, I have a great QOL. AirTran serves enough cities, along with CASS that commuting is no big deal.

Last edited:

Well, since nobody actually answered your original questons, please allow me.

From the company:
"Flight Operations is pleased to announce the recall of a number of furloughed pilots and flight engineers in support of the addition of DC10 aircraft, forecasted attrition and expected retirements. Notification of recalls will begin February 22 for various training class dates in March, April and May. As currently envisioned, 26 pilots and 18 FE’s are in the planned recall, with further recalls a possibility as future flight schedules are finalized"

As far as airplanes and bases, well for the FEs that will be DC-10. For FOs, probably also DC-10. There have been a couple of base/status bids recently increasing the staffing on the west coast for the 737 and for the 757.

Bases for the DC-10 are not known as of yet.

How many will that leave on the street? Also, how many will take the recall in your humble opinion? Thanks.

How many will that leave on the street? Also, how many will take the recall in your humble opinion? Thanks.

Since anybody who's been paying attention and wants to bypass the recall should have a bypass letter on file, they won't have to call more than 30-35 to get the 26 pilot slots filled. That will still leave more than 500 pilots on furlough. Seriously, probably more than 75% of those furloughees have no intention of ever going back to ATA. A place on ATA's seniority list is just insurance in case of an acquisition by SWA. At least it is to me.

If recent communications from the company are any indication, they will short staff the crap out of the -10 operation to avoid spending one extra dime of Matlin-Patterson's money.

Latest resources

Back