ATA newhire classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a LOR and it REALLY helped!

I got a call the other day for an interview and all I can say is this-the LOR was from a great friend and I'm sure it helped! I am a regional capt and I can't wait to interview! It's a dream come true. I have friends who tell me not to give up my "first third of the seniority list" at my current job...but HEY, I've always wanted to fly big jets across oceans.:)

Last edited:
Uh Oh, don't let anyone convince you of what your goals are. Several friends of mine were surprised that I chose ATA and didn't wait for others, SWA. This is your decision and what others want out of their career is not your career. I just finished training on the 737 and the people that I have dealt with here are amazing. The decision was the right one for me and you will make the right one for you.

I had good senority at my regional, left seat in and RJ, and super easy commute. This in the long run is better.

It is your choice, you will be surprised how many guys will become your "friend" if you do get on.

Uh Oh,

When did you get a call. When is your interview. I sent my app in Oct. with a letter of rec., but no call. I must have messed up my answers or done something wrong on it. I know the market is competitive now so maybe that is it. Hopefully I will see you there soon. Good luck.
Tony

Iflewjetz-

Your best bet is to have the person that wrote you the LOR call or email the IND CP's office and see what the status of your app. is. I've done this a few times and have gotten,"he's in the to interview pile" to " he's just not competitve". Good Luck.

sayagain?

ATA

Flyhard - see you in class May 5.
Got call on April 1. Interviewed April 16. Got the call April 17.
I think all pilots in Cinco de Mayo class are 757/Midway.
Interview was a great experience. Seems like a fantastic place to spend a career.
No tricks, curveballs, etc. on the interview. They just wanna chat with you to get to know who you are.
Van picks you up at La Quinta at 11:45.
Do paperwork for an hour or so. Multiple people come in to chat with you. Dont drop any F-bombs.
1 HR interview about 25minutes.
1 pilot interview about 15 minutes.
Drive to W.Lafayette, change in to business casual.
Ate at Outback Steakhouse.
Went to sim at Purdue.
Highly recommend the practice from Prof. John Young at Purdue which costs $300.
Standard departure. Climb to 3000, level off, wait til 6D, climb to 6000, turn to 090, intercept radial, rub stomach, pat head, get holding instructions, tell Check Airman about holds - speeds, leg times, entry - vectors to ILS, shoot ILS 14R ORD. A few questions about runway lighting. Very laid back experience. Got to hotel
at 11:30 pm. Long day. Pack a snack.
I have heard internal letters of rec. are very good.
All gouge on this site and others are right on.
Good luck to all. After spending all day at this company and with its employees, I learned that ATA is a solid, awesome company to work for.

Latest resources

Back